Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FDA Wants 4,402 Illegal Prescription Websites Suspended
(06-14-2016, 12:58 AM)Raven Wrote: Does this mean that Operation PandaBear 2016 has already passed? It kind of sounds like it.
Raven

Yup, if you google it they put out the press release it was May 31-June 7

I had a sneaking suspicion they were going to do it in June and posted about it. The post was removed as I used the non-euphemism (I like your reference) I was okay when the post was removed as I know it's just the way of the world. But, the reason I had the suspicion was they always do it in the Summer in the past 9 or so years. However, June hadn't been used yet.
It was in June last year 9-16th. The old panda bear struck again. It must have been a bunch of scam sites I haven't heard of anything taken down. Hope not too many members were affected
(06-15-2016, 11:20 AM)barq- Wrote: But so many IOPs register their domain names with secure registrars in countries that don't much care what the USA says. Even if it is a .com an IOP can just move in the same way that torrent sites have been hopping around the internet whenever their domain is seized.

Besides, that's only the domain. I just queried what a popular IOP's address resolves to and got the xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx IP address. Just checked it and it takes me straight to the site. I guess it might be an issue where multiple sites are run off the same server (I do that, but that's just for family photos and a hobby website - not running a business, let alone IOP!).

This will just be the same wack-a-mole they've had with the torrent sites. I guess it makes it a bit harder for the casual student looking to buy ritalin for their exams, but that's about it I would think.

Barq,

"wack a  mole" is an apt analogy.  The Internet was designed to keep the Ruskies from taking us out--info wise--in one shot.  It has so many escape hatches and so much redundancy, that these efforts are just more pork barrel political efforts to fund bureaucracies and Key Stone cop strategies.

Spank
This year I didn't hear about it until it was too late,i already made an order for some H.T.F. meds,that ive been using for the last year.this time they plucked it out of line in the country it was coming from.didnt even make it on the boat.lost a lot of coin on that one.the vendor said sorry,no letter no refund or reship.they are one of the more difficult vendors to work with.they say I need them,more than they need me.(ouch!)good customer service eeh? unfortunately I'm still trying to find a good replacement,they have the certain candies I need to function and get out of bed.RSD/CRPS,kickin my ASS! Peace...
Wow. I haven't checked in here for a while, and it is really sad to see that, like with just about everything else in the world, this is also getting harder. What really burns me up is, how come the FDA or doctors get to be the gatekeepers for our own health and comfort? I am sick of all the finger wagging recently in the press against people who are only trying to get relief enough to make their lives worth living. What do they propose we do? Oh,  just suffer through? How dare they!
The only thing that I kept thinking as I read on, was the movie with Kevin Costner " NO WAY OUT! "

Well, that is the message here. At least what I could retain, as I read in between the lines. 

Someone mentioned the DkNet. Well the military has had their foot hold on that too.

So, as we move into the millennial. I can only think of one thing that could help combat this issue.

VPN's? Anyone want to chime on this? What about proxy routers that are encrypted. Not to mention

all the new Dual Band AC routers, and the Pokemon Go game! You think it is funny? 

If you see where some of the apps are going, it all has to do with where you are at at some specific point in time or another.

Now it is even easier to do a geo location. I have a friend who works for one of the leading companies of security.

It used to be a radius of about 6 miles, now it is dead on to the tee the location of the IP, being used.

Thus, a topic of concern would be SECURITY/SEGURIDAD/LA SECURITE!

(06-13-2016, 08:25 PM)Grandote Wrote: I know we aren't supposed to talk about it but there is always the dark net. Lets see the fda shut that down.

Not trying to hash the context here. Just some quick facts;

Deep Web, Dark Web or whatever you want to call it, has been around since the internet itself.

Lastly, the word "Dark Net", was coined in the 70's. To refer to the networks that existed as then called, ARPANET (what we know as the internet today).

We need a team of MIT students and Stanford students to help with this issue, and am sure since they developed the TOR network. That they will come with a solution on this topic. 

Smile
Perpetual optimism in your self or any organization is a force multiplier. Wink