Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prince's death, Addiction, and Chronic Pain (article)
Hi all! I read this article earlier today and thought that many of the folks on this board might find it interesting in the same way that I do. I know that I struggle sometimes To articulate my real feelings on the opioid crisis that many US cities and towns are dealing with. On the one hand, I've lost several friends to opioid abuse and I think that it is imperative to ensure safe and competent prescription and use. On the other, those of us who are familiar with chronic pain know that opioid pain medication is sometimes the only answer for normal life!

In any case, here's something interesting to read: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and...means.html
Great article, Anna!
(05-04-2016, 05:25 PM)annaleighx12 Wrote: Hi all! I read this article earlier today and thought that many of the folks on this board might find it interesting in the same way that I do. I know that I struggle sometimes To articulate my real feelings on the opioid crisis that many US cities and towns are dealing with. On the one hand, I've lost several friends to opioid abuse and I think that it is imperative to ensure safe and competent prescription and use. On the other, those of us who are familiar with chronic pain know that opioid pain medication is sometimes the only answer for normal life!

In any case, here's something interesting to read: http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and...means.html

Thanks Annaleigh,
It's heartbreaking to learn that Prince was suffering.
Human beings are regarded as lab rats by the Pharmaceutical Companies.
The amount of suffering and innocent lives lost, just so they can squeeze a few more $ dollars $ out of a product.
So much gets swept under the rug regarding the endless lawsuits forcing Big Pharma to pay hundreds of millions in fines
for fraudulently marketing drugs. Unfortunately, the money can not bring our loved ones back, or repair the damage that has already been done to those still living.
Later in life Prince became very vocal about exposing the corrupt world power structure that controls most of the planet from behind the scenes. The New World Order, the elite banking families, and the Illuminati are names commonly used to describe the group Prince seemed to be trying to draw attention to. These families have had presidents killed in order to keep the truth concealed.

I'm not saying there is a conspiracy behind the musician's death, but I do believe any conversation into the subject would be incomplete if the timely convenience, as far as the would be conspirators are concerned, of his death were not at least mentioned.

Prince was a genius, plain and simple, and he will be missed. Thanks for the article Annaleigh