Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
cats or dogs?
I love both. But right now I have two dogs with my fiance and although she wants a cat I just cannot take anymore hair in the house at the moment. Hair everywhere!! Dogs are awesome but they are a lot of responsibility and people need to understand that before getting one it's a long commitment and I don't understand those who can just give there's a way when they become an inconvenience.

Some people don't realize that to your pet you are everything you decide when they eat, when they drink, when they go out, their entertainment, you are their entire world and you cannot take that for granted. My dogs are like my children, I love them with all my heart. My parents had a cat when I was young and I would love one again but only when the time is right. It's weird considering how much I feel for my dogs I wonder how I will feel for my first child?

I have one cat now.  I got her about a year ago when she was 8 months old.  From the SPCA.  She was born feral, but with a lot of patience and love and treats she has made huge strides.  I got her several months after my 2 much loved kitties had to go off to sleep.  Broke my heart but she is filling it.
Definitely Dogs I love my Wimeriner and my little Shitz-Poo they are part of the family
Defiantly Dog's, We had a Black Lab that was the smartest and Loyal family member one could have for 12 years. A hell of a lot more trusting than a lot of people I know. I miss her terribly..

Peace Everyone..
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
Cats! I like having an independent pet. Mine was rescued from a crackhouse as a tiny kitten. Then a homeless man in a hostel looked after him for a couple of weeks. It was summer and the hostel wondered why he was wearing a coat. Turned out he had pockets full of kittens and had been feeding them tiny bits of sausage. He agreed to give up the kittens if the hostel would guarantee to find them homes, so I got a phone call and the rest is history. He went from a fragile underweight kitten to the biggest tom cat I have ever seen (not fat, but long and very solid beneath the fluffy fur) :-)

What I like about cats is that if they spend time with you, they have chosen to do so. My cat likes human conversation, he comes sits with us and purrs. Whenever I'm ill he sits by my bed watching me. It is a special relationship and now he is old I know how much I'll miss him when he goes to feline heaven.
Ima dog person, actually train bird dogs. I have several short hair pointers, a lab and an English Cocker. I spend as much time with dogs as I do humans .
Non-shedding dogs. I'm super OCD about fur being all over my house. And have a lot of relatives that allergic to cats. Just got the one little.
Both have different benefits. Dogs are more loving and more playful but require a lot more attention. Pros and cons!! I prefer cats though
Cats...all cats all the time. Love dogs but cats are just independent enough and not too needy..
Only dogs. Cats are useless