Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blech!
I don't know which of the three things I've consumed today interacted with which of the others, but I just had to take an OTC "Nausene" tablet, my stomach felt so bad.

4:30AM 200mg Modalert 200 (Modafinil) - Because sometimes coffee just isn't enough...

2:00PM 1mg (1/2 bar) of Pfizer Alprazolam from our beloved vendor who has had the recent troubles - Because my boss was demanding 12 hours work be completed in 5 hours, and micromanaging me the entire time...

3:00PM 6 Libby's Chicken Vienna Sausages, as I couldn't leave my desk, I hadn't eaten all day, and they were all that was left in my emergency snack drawer...

Shortly after 3:00PM, I'm fighting to keep the Vienna Sausages down, so I chew up a Nausene from the portable OTC pharmacy (Ibuprofen, 81mg Aspirin, Advil Cold & Sinus, Allegra, Immodium, Nexium, Tums, Zantac 150, and Nausene) I carry in my laptop bag, and it appears the Vienna Sausages are going to stay down...But it was dicey there for awhile.

I shall have to try the scientific method to determine the cause, subtracting one item at a time from that list of three above (although honestly, I suspect it was the Vienna Sausages - Who really knows what's in those, and how old was that can?) until I discover the culprit.

I will update this "experiment" tomorrow, as I wouldn't wish stomach troubles on my worst enemy.  Well, I shouldn't say that: I've never had a worst enemy, so there's no telling what I'd consider wishing on him / her / it (worst enemies don't necessarily have to be sentient, to my way of thinking - I might bang my shin on a piece of furniture one time too many, and make a permanent enemy of it).
(04-13-2016, 08:14 PM)Back2Good Wrote: I don't know which of the three things I've consumed today interacted with which of the others, but I just had to take an OTC "Nausene" tablet, my stomach felt so bad.

4:30AM 200mg Modalert 200 (Modafinil) - Because sometimes coffee just isn't enough...

2:00PM 1mg (1/2 bar) of Pfizer Alprazolam from our beloved vendor who has had the recent troubles - Because my boss was demanding 12 hours work be completed in 5 hours, and micromanaging me the entire time...

3:00PM 6 Libby's Chicken Vienna Sausages, as I couldn't leave my desk, I hadn't eaten all day, and they were all that was left in my emergency snack drawer...

Shortly after 3:00PM, I'm fighting to keep the Vienna Sausages down, so I chew up a Nausene from the portable OTC pharmacy (Ibuprofen, 81mg Aspirin, Advil Cold & Sinus, Allegra, Immodium, Nexium, Tums, Zantac 150, and Nausene) I carry in my laptop bag, and it appears the Vienna Sausages are going to stay down...But it was dicey there for awhile.

I shall have to try the scientific method to determine the cause, subtracting one item at a time from that list of three above (although honestly, I suspect it was the Vienna Sausages - Who really knows what's in those, and how old was that can?) until I discover the culprit.

I will update this "experiment" tomorrow, as I wouldn't wish stomach troubles on my worst enemy.  Well, I shouldn't say that: I've never had a worst enemy, so there's no telling what I'd consider wishing on him / her / it (worst enemies don't necessarily have to be sentient, to my way of thinking - I might bang my shin on a piece of furniture one time too many, and make a permanent enemy of it).
Good ideas all Bad2,

Hope your stomach gets better.  Might as well throw a heavy work load and a boss sitting on you shoulder like a parrot in the mix.  I eat those sausages, I go ahead and do the original pork.  I just figure there is wiener meat in wieners, pork meat stuff in pork Vienna's etc. 

Too, I spend more time cursing inanimate objects as I get older.  "F" ing corner, "F" ing branch.  I don't cuss except at objects and during improvement projects.  If you want to go the minimalist health route, I found that eating a bowl of oatmeal in the morning does a  surprising job. 

best, Spanker