Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Benzo rapid detox
Sad 
I have been using benzos for quite some time now and recently have been considering trying to at some point give them up due to the shipping issues of certain vendors and the struggle i go through while running out due to not rationing for emergencies. I have done a little bit of research even looking into detox centers as I've tried to weem myself off with failure and terrible experiences(NOT SLEEPING) every time Sad .. While reading i came across a medicine called Flumazenil a benzo receptor antagonist  and i was wonder if anyone has had any success or trial with it and if so where i might find it.
     Before i started using benzos i thought little to no sleep and severe social anxiety was just how i would have to live my life. After daily small doses of these medicines before bedtime the quality of my life has completely made a 180(on the downside becoming dependent as well). This isn't exactly something i want togo back to living without but knowing i have something on hand to help incase of an emergency or a circumstance which no longer allows to to use this med would be very insuring. A little confusing aim sure but i don't plan to use this the next time i run out but as I've said it would give me a great piece of mind knowing  i had something that could help if something in my life drastically changes. I hope to gain a little info on this medicine for myself others like me.

Hope my message was clear/ posted in the right section ,its very late and i haven't done to much sleeping in the past few days . Thanks in advance Smile Smile

Also, Not trying to be a buzz kill !
Haven't heard of or researched Flumazenil, but our own MrChuckey is, I believe, the resident expert on this sort of thing, he uses Lyrica to eliminate benzo WD's.  There's a thread in the "Who's got it?" section titled "Lyrica", you might want to take a look at that one.

Best of luck,

- b2g
Thanks B2G ill definitely give it a read
I read somewhere hear that gabapentin also helps. It's cheaper than lyrica, and works similiarly, if you can find it. It prevents seizures and calms nerves, so I can see why it might help. Good luck, and let us know!

Maybe a small combination of the two, I've also read that gabapentn can help prevent seizures, they scare the hell out of me
I concur with Gabapentin as your biggest concern with Benzo cessation is seizures and Gabapentin will help. Many IOPs sell it and it is certainly cheaper than Lyrica. As far a the Malaise that comes with withdrawals, exercise and good food help. For sleep, try Melatonin.

Now my trick I do every now and then to lower my Benzo tolerance is I skip benzos every other night and replace with generic Ambien. On the nights I use the Benzo, I lower my dose. It's short term and not a cessation method, just a self correction that works for me. Others have had luck with this, others haven't. This method can also work as a titration method and I have used it when supply has become an issue. Just don't mix the Ambien with a Benzo.

As far a your vendor and the shipping issue. If it's the one I'm thinking of, it appears the light is at the end of the tunnel. Check their thread on here.......Good Luck!!!!
My friends call me crazy but I have never had benzo wd's. Even after 2-3 mg/day for a month or 2. I am very fortunate but I do get sick from aderall binges or no suboxone to take. Those are hell. But almost everybody else I know gets horrible benzo wd's. They try & lower the dose (if still have any) to taper. I heard kratom but not 100% sure either.
(04-18-2016, 04:06 PM)JohnKing Wrote: My friends call me crazy but I have never had benzo wd's. Even after 2-3 mg/day for a month or 2. I am very fortunate but I do get sick from aderall binges or no suboxone to take. Those are hell. But almost everybody else I know gets horrible benzo wd's. They try & lower the dose (if still have any) to taper. I heard kratom but not 100% sure either.

Try 200mg Modafinil + 15mg Temazepam after an Adderall binge - I don't use Adderall, but I do use Ritalin on occasion when I have to work a 12-14 hour shift, and Ritalin is a dirty, nasty crash.  The Modafinil / Temazepam combination came to me completely by accident - I'd been using Temazepam for Ritalin crashes for years, as it takes away the irritability and jaw-clenching, but I had to work a 24 hour shift last year and was out of Ritalin, so I took 15mg Temazepam so that I wouldn't be an ass to my team, and threw in 200mg Modafinil to keep me going - Worked like a charm, no crash whatsoever, and the Modafinil kept me awake / alert enough to finish the shift.

This combination eliminates headaches from benzo binges the night before as well - And QUICKLY, within 15 minutes.  Don't know why or how, I just know that it works for me and for many friends I've recommended it to.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=...ZatEw3WT9w