Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tainted pain pills kill 6
Exclamation 
TTainted painkillers cause 6 deaths in California
Painkilling pills laced with fentanyl have led to 28 overdoses and six deaths in Sacramento County, California over the past week, including 12 overdoses in two days. Wochit
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Tainted painkillers that officials say are 80 times more potent than morphine have killed at least six people in the Sacramento area, authorities say.
Sacramento County Public Health officials added that the “street Norcos,” laced with Fentanyl and made to look like prescription painkillers, have sickened at least 28 in the past two weeks.
Olivia Kasirye, the Sacramento County health officer, wants to get word out about the danger of the drugs.
"From what we are hearing, people are taking one to two pills,” Kasirye said. “In a matter of minutes, they're becoming unconscious."
Jon Daily, a drug counselor at Recovery Happens in Sacramento, said he has treated numerous addicts.
"I've treated people who have abused pure fentanyl,” Daily said. “I never had clients using it mixed with Norco. I've been treating people with addiction since the mid-90s and this is new to me, this combination drug."
Typically, Norco is prescribed by a doctor. Fentanyl, often used by first responders, is 80 times more potent than morphine, authorities say.
"In our protocols, we used to use morphine,” said Chris Harvey of the Sacramento Fire Department. “We now use fentanyl because it's a much more powerful drug. You can give it in smaller doses. It's easier for us to administer.”
Harvey said the tainted pills are a problem he's seen before in the area before.
"I was on a couple of calls personally at this time last year,” he said. “Males in their early 20s bought this drug, thinking they'd get just regular Norco pills and they were much more powerful than they realized.”
Oh, this is horrible.. We have to be so careful and prudent to protect ourselves. Hate to see anyone die...
There are also some g3722 pressed Xanax pills that have killed 9 people in Florida. They are pressed with fent. I'm hoping it was some idiot that pressed his own bars and ordered his "alp powder" didn't test it and it ended up being fent.
If someone actually did this on purpose he is one evil person!
(03-31-2016, 03:37 PM)Undermedicated Wrote: There are also some g3722 pressed Xanax pills that have killed 9 people in Florida. They are pressed with fent. I'm hoping it was some idiot that pressed his own bars and ordered his "alp powder" didn't test it and it ended up being fent.
If someone actually did this on purpose he is one evil person!

I certainly don't like to see anyone harmed or killed by bad meds. But I have to say that I wonder if it's as bad as being reported. Not sure if it's just another scare tactic by our government to try and scare people away from opiates. It's obvious they would love to stamp them out, so I tend to take media reports with a grain of salt. I hope it is a lie and that no one really died from this, but you never know what to believe anymore.

Just be very careful.
ridiculous! I thought phent was Way more pricey anyways ?? No disrespect to anybody affected but this doesn't add up to me.
All of these deaths occurred right before our President issued new proclamations to stop usage of Pain medicines in hospitals. No treatment with pain meds.

I am not an activist, per se, but I don't put this past the people whom run us.

Just sayin.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

(03-31-2016, 09:25 PM)Charon Wrote: All of these deaths occurred right before our President issued new proclamations to stop usage of Pain medicines in hospitals.  No treatment with pain meds.

I am not an activist, per se, but I  don't put this past the people whom run us.

Just sayin.

Amen.

The government has lied to us soooooooooo much. Why should we believe anything they say? Scare tactics are their MO.

I pray these deaths are not true, but it's strange they come out with this news at the time they're trying to stop opiate use. Makes you wonder.