Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Method to get benzos prescribed
I would suggest u listen to linville. Rule 1: hit the welcome thread.

Ok, i began my autoimmune adventures with graves syndrome. thyroid went too fast. my three sisters had slow thyroids. so my Doctor BIL, prescribed for me enough thyroid meds to make my heart go faster, for a 300 lb woman. Not a tiny little one as i am.

I have avoided heart attacks to date. Plan to keep it that way. I don't think u understand just how important your thyroid readings are. My God, normal readings are 4-8 usually. My readings were 0, yes, zero, because i was being given thyroid pills to speed up my system.

Armour cytomel is easily a death trap. they slaughter one animal and u get his thyroid. Dosaging is atrocious. They have better meds to keep ur thyroid running regularly now.

I hope to God u r not taking cytomel. Some people do it for weight loss. And, they do lose weight after the first heart attack.

Please, for the love of God, and of youself, get ur thyroid levels tested. See an endocrinologist.

Because, you think the doctors are fools. Most are. But, you are playing a very dangerous game of russian roulette with your heart. In lieu of a heart attack, i had a major stroke and two minor ones. Because my BIL was prescribing me thyroid meds, with my medical records in hand, stating i needed anti-thyroid meds.

This is way too dangerous. I am not judging you. I am trying to make u think about this.

The health system absolutely sux. Yes. So, we must oversee our own medical care. If i had suffered a heart attack, and all causative factors lead to a conclusion of thyroid meds, I would not take them again for anything. But, i have a son. I have a reason to live.

please, think this over. Do you have hashimotos disease? which in effect is a slow thyroid. Do u have graves syndrome which is a super fast thyroid?

Please find out. Maybe re think this.

My husband was dead in one minute from a massive coronary. One minute. Being an attorney I have read many a death certificate. I have never seen one state: from onset of symptoms until death: one minute.

your thyroid is an imperative part of your body. Wait, did u say u also own medical offices?

This is a very concerning post. We all strive our damndest to live. After a heart attack? Possibly anti thyroid meds would be scripted.

This is your life. Please take it as seriously as I do.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

I hate to sound like a jerk but "trying" for a specific type of med or class of them will get you nowhere. Actually having the issues that require those meds is the only way. Not having, but knowing what those issues are and having a good mouthpiece will work.  In any case knowledge of what you're looking for whether the symptoms are there or not is paramount.
"Man is a universe within himself" Bob Marley
This thread, well, I say , if you have symptoms, or a great fake persona , yes you can get almost whatever you want, it will catch up with you in the end. I mean why fake a problem that keeps me from being a social person, to just get meds? idk, Its your life, up to you
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
Much like others have said - if you admit to buying benzos online the likely thing is that you'll get a the label of drug seeker/abuser on your docs notes forever, meaning you have a super low chance of ever getting controlled drugs prescribed again. Secondly your doc might refer to an addiction program where you'll probably just be switched to Diazepam and weaned down to nothing.

As for asking for stuff for sleep or anxiety you'll either get a tiny Z-drug script (think 5 tablets), Quetiapine or some TCA for sleep and for anxiety you'll get an SSRI + told to do counselling. Unless you find a doc who's loose with their prescribing of benzos (usually private psychiatrists) you won't get what you want for a long time, or if at all.
Lulwat. I went both routes before. But it was my psychiatrist who made the final determination that long term benzo therapy would be the most beneficial to my anxiety and panic disorder. My doctors played along for over 7 years or more and this year with the new "guidelines" they chose to start the we can't prescribe both pk's and benzo together as they could kill you. I replied with a reasonable response "so you've put me in danger this entire time"? Needless to say the response I got from the doctor was a stern look of non appreciated sarcasm. Anyways I maintained that I had half doses left to past me for quite some time and he said that was fine. So now I supliment with online vendors to fill the void until things change at my clinical level.
"Love your life and love others around you"
Excellent post Lulwut. You recite much of my same experience and offer up a good explanation of what you can expect to be prescribed as the "cure" for our type of condition. Treatment for depression... they might as well go back to applying Leeches to the body.

The only 1st string doctors I ever deal with are my Ophthalmologist and my Dentist. I never get to speak with an actual Doctor when I visit my Primary Care Physician's office. I deal only with Physician Assistants... 2nd stringers. I have no rapport with any of them... maybe they really are smart enough to sense that I have nothing but contempt for them.

My contempt comes primarily from the fact that I never feel like they ever, ever listen to a word I have to say when I mention the condition I know that I have. So, why bother asking for help with my lifelong GAD. It will get me no where with these people. Yes, they are doing a good job treating my high blood pressure, but I am on my own when it comes to treatment for the disorder that has adversely affected my entire life.

Sorry to vent on you folks. I'm just feeling vulnerable and alone tonight. Thank God for the good members and vendors here on the IOPList. Right now, you are the key to my quality of life. If lost... I often wonder how I would survive.

Raven  
I just wanted to chime in and say that honestly is usually the best policy. Most doctors have heard and seen most everything so being honest about iops may actually help. I wouldn’t bring in the mess but mentioning it and the dosage would most likely encourage the doc to offer you help.
Pebbles:

Thanks for the comments. I have been entirely honest with my PCP in describing my experience with GAD symptoms. In my mind, that's all she needs to know. If I were to tell her that I have chosen to self-medicate via IOPs due to the fact that it has been my only option for relief, then I am confident that I would be shown the door.

I'm sure that there are sympathetic PCPs out there, but they don't work in the small town that I live in. I fear that the only way that my condition will be properly diagnosed is after I land in the Hospital Emergency Room after suffering a seizure, which hopefully I will survive.

It is this situation that leaves me feeling vulnerable and alone, and quite frankly, it scares the hell out of me that I may have to be in a "near death" condition before knowledgeable health care professionals will provide me with the help I need.

Blackbird
I have found that most pain doctors not prescribing benzos because of the liabilty when mixed with opiates. I personally would never tell a doctor that I am making any type of online process. I suppose all doctor might be different but I have been getting mine from my PCP. He knows what my PM was giving me. Just my opinion but I feel like the DEA has and is going overboard and pushing people to street drugs like heroin which contains who knows. The calfentynal being used as cut now it is almost like playing russian roulette. The people that distribute know that this is killing people. There is so much money involved it seems like us with legitimate pain are having to face repercussions form so much greed. I will step off my soapbox. This is just my opinions. We have some great vendors on here that are very helpful with helping with these issues. I try to stay off as many databases that collect this type of prescription history. I may be too paranoid sometimes but once a doctor notes something in your file and they flag you on the DEA database even an innocent comment could follow you around.

I understand your concerns Blackbird and they are entirely true. It is a shame that we have to use IOPs sometimes but I would rather do this then be labeled on some database.

Regards Eddie
True story, about two years ago a few months after my mom died I started getting anxiety attacks. I would shake drop things, all the classic stuff. So, I called the grief line my HMO offers and was referred to an advice nurse who scheduled me a phone consult with the psych. He called on the dot as the timed appointment indicated he would. Five minute phone conversation later, I had a Xanax prescription with 1 refill. I was legit floored. Icing on the cake, my hubby picked up at the pharmacy. I guess you only need to be there for pick up in person for narcotics.