Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Method to get benzos prescribed
Just a question from the curious, can someone explain the so-called 'blacklist' referenced?

...my situation is that my primary doctor refused to continue xanax when he found out from my state's prescription database that I had seen another doctor for subs. No doctor shopping, just that my primary doctor doesn't offer that service. Actually had not been taking the subs the last time I saw him (3 months prior), but he wouldn't listen at that point--I could see his eyes glaze over with fury as he decided to 'punish' me, even knowing I had been taking xanax for 10 years and I had never tried to refill early or see another doc for it (in fact most of the time I would refill his scripts later than the 30 days). I'm still trying to get over the heartlessness of this doctor.

Also, does anyone know if the prescription drug database is shared between states?...thinking of moving after graduation and wondering if my foray into sub treatment in this state will haunt me in another. I also worry now that I used a large chain store to fill these scripts it will follow me forever.
I read back and saw the referenced "blacklist." Wish I had an answer for u, but I don't. My state went nutz. Even my medical doctor sister has trouble receiving her meds.

Hopefully someone will have answers for u.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

You just have to keep an ear to the ground, people like us tend to stick together and will namedrop a compassionate doc if they trust you.

Once you get a foot in the office, it helps if you have been rx'd what you are looking for at some time in the past. In my area the won't bother to check your past records but you have credibility mentioning a doc they may know (they oftten DO know each other from conventions and stuff).

Also don't sound too knowledgeable- like when I was seeking vicodin many years ago I said "i forgot what he gave me, hydro something?"

But some Drs, rarer than rare, you can just name what you have had, what you are looking for, and they will help you out.

Old psychiatrists are the best because they were in their prime when benzos and amphetamines were given like aspirin. Young guys are scared s#!tle$$ to give anything controlled. SSRIs and Vistral (although vistral is effective, but obviously not on a level with schedmeds) are all they will give. But they don't wanna hear that SSRIs are only like .02% more effective than placebo, and were only pushed thru the patent process by big pharma lobbying.
while its good idea from OP to come clean with MD,but im not from states and bad at law,but would read up on state laws,since bringing meds from online could end up in bad trouble,if state is really tight about it,also while i understand struggle and dependence its really pushing luck when going trough multiple MDs with same story.

Now you wrote you were lucky enough to find passionate MD who will listen and care,why keep going to others ,instead get needed amount and actually tackling issue with reducing intake.Ive never had courage to visit any or disclose how bad i suffer to anyone,since seems you are given support but chance your luck instead facing the issue,lots benzos is great,but having someone who understand you and can help is one chance thats worth holding onto when it comes across.
No judgement just advice.
Yea my psych encourages mental anguish rather than prescribing any benzos...what a joke
47           "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" - The Joker           47
(04-18-2017, 04:57 PM)cmdline Wrote: while its good idea from OP to come clean with MD,but im not from states and bad at law,but would read up on state laws,since bringing meds from online could end up in bad trouble,if state is really tight about it,also while i understand struggle and dependence its really pushing luck when going trough multiple MDs with same story.

Now you wrote you were lucky enough to find passionate MD who will listen and care,why keep going to others ,instead get needed amount and actually tackling issue with reducing intake.Ive never had courage to visit any or disclose how bad i suffer to anyone,since seems you are given support but chance your luck instead facing the issue,lots benzos is great,but having someone who understand you and can help is one chance thats worth holding onto when it comes across.

I agree with cmdline. Too much Dr. shopping, or too many prescriptions in different Doctors names will get you red flagged either by the doctors or the pharmacists as a drug seeker, and then you are SOL. Just saying...
“When they said, repent, I wonder what they meant.” - Leonard Cohen RIP
(06-25-2017, 07:40 PM)Ivortheenginedriver Wrote:
(04-18-2017, 04:57 PM)cmdline Wrote: while its good idea from OP to come clean with MD,but im not from states and bad at law,but would read up on state laws,since bringing meds from online could end up in bad trouble,if state is really tight about it,also while i understand struggle and dependence its really pushing luck when going trough multiple MDs with same story.

I agree with cmdline. Too much Dr. shopping, or too many prescriptions in different Doctors names will get you red flagged either by the doctors or the pharmacists as a drug seeker, and then you are SOL. Just saying...

Is there a reference on the open internet listing the states that have such database tracking of scripts and person prescribed benzos?
Being kind to others costs nothing and enriches your life, 
never forget how you felt when someone was once cruel to you,
we all have felt unloved at one time or another we should never want another to feel that way. Smile
(07-16-2017, 10:53 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Here you go Tigertail58.And welcome to yge board!  Smile

http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=211

Thank you so much, wow I had no idea, it's crazy that they are so intrusive into our lives.  You know if they really were honest about it the most destructive 
substance from an abuse perspective is and nearly always has been Ethanol and there is no database for that in fact you can get it anywhere at almost anytime.
Being kind to others costs nothing and enriches your life, 
never forget how you felt when someone was once cruel to you,
we all have felt unloved at one time or another we should never want another to feel that way. Smile
In the last few months things went to ok with benz to worse. Cut off city if you take pk's. So I just say don't even try if you take pk's. Work on getting a few prescribed once a year for emergencies and do what we all do best and find them on here. Doctors just don't care anymore even if it's actually needed. The few you get will ensure you can test positive for them if ever needed. Since apparently my doctor has had no problems putting me in "danger" for 7 years. Now he just can't do it since it's so "dangerous". What a joke our medical system has turned into.
"Love your life and love others around you"
"That" being what ? Livework ?

Just wondering which thing you are replying to .

Oh and you also should hit the welcome thread and introduce yourself, ya know that is true.