Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
Legalizing MM
(04-25-2015, 03:58 AM)OrangeClay Wrote: This is my opinion & my opinion alone. I personally believe Alcohol should be banned and replaced with MJ.
The effects from ETOH.  
1) Domestic violence would be greatly reduced.
2) Liver disease aka cirrhosis, cancer, throat, larynx & esophageal cancer  (ETOH is the #1 cause of throat, larynx & esophageal cancer from heavy drinking)
3) Fetal alcohol syndrome
4) Alcohol abuse causes a condition called delirium tremers in which the person experiences mental confusion, extreme excitement, anxiety, trembling, rapid pulse and hallucinations.  (never seen that will MJ use)
5) Erectile dysfunction is common in men with alcohol problems
6) Alcohol is a toxin that damages the transmission of nerve impulses in the brain and nervous system. Chronic alcohol abuse causes organic damage that manifests itself both physically, psychologically and in the behavior of people affected.
7)Death/injuries from drunk driving.
8) Diabetes, Hypertension which leads to kidney failure.
9) Aggressive and grandiose behavior from ETOH, Impaired thinking.
10) Gateway Drug most teens start with ETOH.
11) The statistics are not good. About 14 million people in the United States abuse alcohol or are alcoholic, that's 1 in every 13 adults . Each year more than 100,000 Americans die of alcohol-related causes. Alcohol consumption is now the third leading cause of disease and injury worldwide.
Alcohol is the world's most dangerous drug when you consider the harm it does to drinkers, their friends and families and to society in general.
This, however, is not the full extent of the alcohol effects on the body.

Yep and states spend more wasteful money on checkpoints compared to the actual arrests obtain from these checkpoints. I remember a lady that informed me how expensive it is to run checkpoints she knew because her company ran the software programs for the state highway patrol computers etc. and worked the financial part for the state.

(02-23-2016, 06:22 PM)radishxl Wrote: Businesses can absolutely still drug test for MMJ. Insurance reasons will see that it never stops I'd say, too.

I hope one day the bible belt loosens up. Sad to say, but it's going to take the old generation of politicians in the south to die off before I ever sniff MMJ. We may get 0% THC strains legalized for medical purposes, but that'd be it for now. Of course, I hope I'm wrong.

Yep companies can make that policy in a legal state but funny THC just because it shows up in the system doesn't mean one is using while on the job...
Back in 1980's the medical center where I worked participated in a study of Marinol with Oncology patients.
This was a small group of patients who had Intractable vomiting, constant nausea, no appetite - all other meds available had been unsuccessful with these patients during their chemotherapy treatments and thus they qualified for the study.
The results of this small group convinced me decades ago that mmj should be used medically, as indicated.

80% of group achieved relief from their nausea/vomiting with use of the Marinol. Other positive effects were also reported.
2 patients said they did not like the way it made them feel - although Marinol had helped the nausea/vomiting.
1 patient reported having an "out of body" experience from the medication and refused further doses.
No other side effects or problems were noted.
Appetite documented as improved for the group medicated with Marinol also.

Now, decades later, I have problems that mmj helps. Edibles and oils are best for me.
I wish the corruption of our government and the medical industry wasn't struggling to keep mj illegal.
(it does all boil down to money - taking ours)

We all have the right to receive the most effective, least harmful, form of treatment for our medical problems.
I'm glad to see progress finally being made in this area. Not fast enough though.

Strongly agree with the comparisons between alcohol and mmj. Have watched alcohol destroy so many lives.
"Let your tongue speak what your heart thinks."   --Davy Crockett
I Agree.. Alcohol is waaaaaay more destroying Than mm in every form. Been a A. For 12 years and in and out of hospitals..the WD., of A., is awfull and very dangerous if NOT treated right.. NOT to mention What u do to ur family etc etc when the only thing on ur mind is A.. Nearly lost my daughter because of my addiction to A...been clean for 5 years and smoke Mary Jane 2/3 times a week at Night. Never had any problem with that..grow my Own so i know What i smoke.
Peace to all Smile
MMJ is legal in my state. It has recently been open to people who do not have a medical need. It has been horrible since. They are limiting how much they produce so it makes things much more expensive for people who actually need it.
Alcohol addiction is a demon . MMJ should be legal in America and despite being in Europe and after a long campaign here to legalize mm it is still not the case . There are big interests in drug and alcohol industry that fight the legalization of mmj everywhere. Cannabis is a miracle drug for many diseases especially for cancer and immune disorders. It is sad that politics are involved in this witch hunting and as much people are eductated about canabis health effects the more they will claim the right to get it free for medical reasons.
yeah man booze is a demon , i no for sure, but my mary helps reduce my intake by half over the past 5 years
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
(04-25-2015, 03:58 AM)OrangeClay Wrote: This is my opinion & my opinion alone. I personally believe Alcohol should be banned and replaced with MJ.
The effects from ETOH.  
2) Liver disease aka cirrhosis, cancer, throat, larynx & esophageal cancer  (ETOH is the #1 cause of throat, larynx & esophageal cancer from heavy drinking)
4) Alcohol abuse causes a condition called delirium tremers in which the person experiences mental confusion, extreme excitement, anxiety, trembling, rapid pulse and hallucinations.  (never seen that will MJ use)
6) Alcohol is a toxin that damages the transmission of nerve impulses in the brain and nervous system. Chronic alcohol abuse causes organic damage that manifests itself both physically, psychologically and in the behavior of people affected.
11) The statistics are not good. About 14 million people in the United States abuse alcohol or are alcoholic, that's 1 in every 13 adults . Each year more than 100,000 Americans die of alcohol-related causes. Alcohol consumption is now the third leading cause of disease and injury worldwide.
Alcohol is the world's most dangerous drug when you consider the harm it does to drinkers, their friends and families and to society in general.

All the reading I do and now just find this post.. I do use MoM to treat my PTSD but did smoke it going back to high school. I have to agree with what OrangeClay. I have sen so many lives ruined over alcohol. Anxiety, Stress upset stomach and I can go on and on of the little and big things MJ helps with. Well at least it's coming "out of the closet"

Peacr
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
MMJ is legal in my state and now is legal for recreational use, though the taxing of stores will not be in place till 2018. I quit using mj in my early 20's because it made me paranoid. I tried some MMJ, but the thc was too high (18%) and I ended up throwing out half of what I bought. Now with the new strains with low Thc and high cbd I'm going to give it another try. I've seen some strains with thc levels around 7%, I think that's the one for me. Hopefully it will reduce my alcohol consumption and benzo tolerance. My upcoming trip to CO and NM should help me experiment a bit. Only reputable shops that really know the amounts of thc/cbd in their products will be used.
Some information I just found and and personally experienced.

I live in a state where it is legal, however the taxing component will not be in place until 2 qtr 2018. Let me share with you what will happen. All the medical canaibus dispensaries will go away because they will need to file for a new permit to sell in the new environment. And the new permit along with the new laws will be expensive and most of these places will not be able to stay in business. The restrictions will be tough. What will open is just MJ dispensaries with youngsters selling what ever they have to get the off the shelfs because it has been on the shelfs for awhile. No understanding of the different strains, no understanding of how CBD, CBDA, THC, THCA, effect internal receptors in our body's. No understanding of what to use for anxiety that will not inhibit one during the day so they can work. No understanding of what to use for pain. No understanding of what to use for sleep that doesn't produce an euphoria effect first. Everyone has different pain so with all the products that exist, maybe a CBD/thc patch could work. The point I am making is that for those that need medical marijuana and have a valid card, there are,people that are canibus experts and help one figure out what they need, and how to use it. It is very possible in my state this help will all go away come 2018.

Most products will be for recreational use in 2018. In my state there are people fighting to keep the medical dispensaries open. It's a brutal fight because not many people understand much about the use of this plant in a medicinal way. They all think people is smoke to get high...period.

Anyone that lives in a state where medical use is ok, I highly suggest finding someone who is a expert and has experience in understanding the medicinal use of the plant. They are life savers. Most don't advertise, you have to find them by word of mouth. But it is worth it if you think the plant can help. Do it before the legal piece comes into play. Trust me, I saw what happened in WA. (Don't live there) but have friends there. It's horrible. At least for those of use that use it for pain. I have tons of more information about the medical use in case anyone is interested, just PM me.
OR
The effects from ETOH.  

While all of this is true as adults we should be allowed to put whatever we choose into our bodies. What needs to be fixed is the problems that exist like drunk driving laws, and the what happens if caught contributing to a minor. A lot of the points you brought up would continue to happen with or without alcohol. I dont drink much, but put other things in my body others wouldn't condone. As im sure most of us here do. 

Te problem lies within the person, not the chemical. Lots of people here need compounds to deal with pain. These things can be a gateway to cheaper sch.1 drugs. These are also abused by many causing their deaths, but if we made these compounds sch.1 all we would do is hurt the people in need, and create a black market for said compound. This is the wrong way to solve the problem. If there is a demand for something it will be filled regardless, making alcohol illegal would increase the problems. 

Alcohol, and cigarettes kill more people yearly than all drugs combined. If these are legal why cant we legalize other less dangerous drugs and come up with a safe method of distribution to adults. Create penalties so severe that you would never risk driving under the influence, or distribute it to a minor. Domestic violence penalties should be much stronger regardless, we must protect women and children. 

I have a lot more on the topic, but my post is already to long. We could solve all of the problems you listed even if alcohol remains legal, its just a matter of implementing the proper policies.