Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phenibut for anxiety??
Has anyone had any success or symptom relief when using the legal supplement Phenibut? If so what dose did you find to be effective? I've heard it helps with anxiety but haven't purchased it yet and don't want to waste any money.
There are lots of posts about phenibut, do a search. Yes it works.
My lazyness got the best of me. My apologies
It didnt work for me but i was not 100% sure what i got was actually phenibut.
I tried it about 12 years ago when it first came out on an online supplement shop and it helped a little bit. I mean knocking my anxiety levels from a 9 to a 6 for a couple hours.

I also had to take 4 grams for it to be effective, which led me to throw up at the end of the night.
Phenibut mad me very ill.. I bought the real stuff i powdered form. It made.. me .. welll Again it made me very sick and I wasted a lot of money on it with bit hopes.. Wish I had started smaller.. I'm sure it works for others but not for me. Sad
I've tried phenibut. It took about 2.5 grams for me to "work". And by "work" it made me feel a little relaxed and chill. The good thing about it is that it does last a while and helped me go to sleep. I dosed it by putting the measured powder in a shot glass and mixing with something sweet and carbonated. It tastes like really bitter lime salt is the only way I could describe it. After reading all the horror stories about the withdrawals I quit using it, not worth it at all. And I was only doing it about 2 times a week.

Kratom is much better IMO for occasional use.
(02-21-2016, 01:46 AM)JJ Abrams Wrote: Has anyone had any success or symptom relief when using the legal supplement Phenibut? If so what dose did you find to be effective? I've heard it helps with anxiety but haven't purchased it yet and don't want to waste any money.

I haven't but i'm curious as to what your response to it is....?  Mine was very subtle.  I took 3g once and 2g another.  Both times felt a lot like a medium sized dose of Gabapentin.  Some anxiety relief, more propensity to talk, calm, etc.  However, I would steer far far clear of phenibut because of the addiction potential.  Something like Gabapentin, in my experience, would be a good first step in medical response to anxiety.
Would advise against it.  It was such a fine line in terms of dosage between 'temporary relief of anxiety' and 'throwing my guts up for 6 hours straight'  that it really wasn't worth it for me.  

Found Kava Kava (a herbal remedy) to be good for anxiety.
I haven't ever found it better than somewhat effective. But it is known to reduce anxiety plus it has a long half-life. I haven't ever felt nausea off it, but I've always kept my dose low