Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ID requirements for scheduled meds
Ok so i get 3 rxs from the shrink monthly- 2 he calls in, and it has to be his preferred chain pharmacy. Zoloft and klonopin- a sched 4 or 5 and a nothing. Walgreen's absolutely cards me every time, to the point i had to go 2 weeks without filling cuz my license was expired. But another chain where i bring adderall (sched 2 highest level u can rx, must be on hi security rx pad so he can't call) has never carded me. Ever, 2 locations.

Walgreens is like Berlin 1933, i wish he would write all 3. I called to confirm the readiness of the klonopin yesterday (feb 7) and the woman gets real snotty "you can't fill those you just got them the 8th". Well ma'am its the 8th tomorrow, and the guy there this morning said that's when i can pick up. She get s all huffy " ugg let me LOOK" sure enough ready today.

Thats another difference, riteaid lets me fill the adderall like 4 days before 30 but Walgreens only lets you pick up a day or 2 early. Anyone actually know the laws? Connecticut specifically

Read a pharmacist forum sometimes. Have a trank ready cuz u WILL get mad at these power hungry drug denying douches. I would almost rather do the iop thing just to skip the hassle, but that's a step backwards. According to the law anyway. I skipped my apt one month, when i come back he asks how i went a month no benzos. "Well doc i hopped online got 120mg from your homeland". He was mildly amused if anything.... And he is the one in charge of my health care, not some 6 month mail order degree pharmtech.
Man everytime I have to pick my meds up I also have to show ID an sign, schedule 4 and 5 for me also, now my schedule two I rarley pick up , my doctor tries to make me drive back monthly for that script, at 95 a visit
The whole system is messed up. People are getting fed up. The world we live in causes the anxiety to begin with. I know our packages are only part of the solution, but just to pick up a pill that calms you down? Ridiculous, in my opinion.

yes its just fucked, people should get what is the right thing
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
@Boomer I think all drugstores are different. Some Pharmacists probably get harassed by law officials and remember this or attend seminars on what to be cautioned about. Others just treat all customers as business with respect.
(02-08-2016, 05:40 PM)BoomerB Wrote: Ok so i get 3 rxs from the shrink monthly- 2 he calls in, and it has to be his preferred chain pharmacy. Zoloft and klonopin- a sched 4 or 5 and a nothing. Walgreen's absolutely cards me every time, to the point i had to go 2 weeks without filling cuz my license was expired. But another chain where i bring adderall (sched 2 highest level u can rx, must be on hi security rx pad so he can't call) has never carded me. Ever, 2 locations.

Walgreens is like Berlin 1933, i wish he would write all 3. I called to confirm the readiness of the klonopin yesterday (feb 7) and the woman gets real snotty "you can't fill those you just got them the 8th". Well ma'am its the 8th tomorrow, and the guy there this morning said that's when i can pick up. She get s all huffy " ugg let me LOOK" sure enough ready today.

Thats another difference, riteaid lets me fill the adderall like 4 days before 30 but Walgreens only lets you pick up a day or 2 early. Anyone actually know the laws? Connecticut specifically

Read a pharmacist forum sometimes. Have a trank ready cuz u WILL get mad at these power hungry drug denying douches. I would almost rather do the iop thing just to skip the hassle, but that's a step backwards. According to the law anyway. I skipped my apt one month, when i come back he asks how i went a month no benzos. "Well doc i hopped online got 120mg from your homeland". He was mildly amused if anything.... And he is the one in charge of my health care, not some 6 month mail order degree pharmtech.

I hate Walgreens. They have become the pill Nazis. It's like having to give up your 1st born to get a prescription filled with them.
cricket that is all I have ever used. They have all my information. Maybe there are better pharmacies. But if they treat me with disrespect I will go to somewhere else
it has been everywhere here in the Bible belt, even at my greatgrandparents drugstore thats our family has been going to for 75 years
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
@Boomer,
Riteaid is the BM place to go in my neck of the woods, the walgreens are all PITA to deal with around here!
I bet riteaid pays they’re employees better.
Wasn’t long ago, you could call your DR and they would just call something in for you, now they want you to pay for an appt everytime you make contact.
Sick as hell? "Come see me"

I get PK's and he gives me a med check every 6 months and just hands me a pile of pre-filled prescriptions, so I got it pretty good that way.
On the other hand, I drive about 60 miles round trip to pick them up, and the small town family owned Pharmacy screws with me constantly, the last time they said they were out of stock,come back tomorrow wtf. I been going there 8 yrs, you would think they would stock my meds!

I would love to find an affordable, reliable online source for everything! Don't believe such a thing exists.
Yeah riteaid is great, but my doc i guess has some kickback thing going with Walgreen's cuz that is the only place he will call into. Its not "what pharmacy do u want" it's "what Walgreen's is closest to you". I don't argue because he knows my history which would make a lot of other doctors put me on the prozac and piss off method :p