Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does this happen?
I wander if there was actually a man named John Law or if were an alias. But I mean that like Jeff jerk. Why would you call yourself that if you don't have to.
Kinda blew my mind...

So I made sure the post guy got it back... I didn't take it back to the post office... I tracked him down... That way he didn't "look bad" back at the shop and i feel like I made brownie points with him.... And future deliveries will make it to me...

It's a small town... So you gotta get to know some of these folks on a "good ole boy" level ... Time will tell...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
One possible thing.
Remember isc is the sorting facility
ics is customs
If something is sent registered, a postmaster and an I cs person must be present to read the magazine.
Not the same with unregistered .. thus its a good idea to add the extra $ to make it registered. Even though it seems longer
Perhaps the magazine looked good to the I cs guy at first but then he got an email from the IS c postmaster and the magazine had to be re read by them again... have seen this happen before
I have always had issue with the math on the timing system like usps, just errors, but hey it has been a few have you received your new magazine collection?
Oh yea... It came about 3 days later... I really think ISC should be replace... By anything useful... When it come to efficenicy... They're like me .. Can't even spell it right...

Oh well ... What cha gonna dew...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
I read that once UPS has it that it has already passed customs. I did not know there were 2 types of customs.
All I know is I still have a TN that showed it passing through ISC , then the same day it showed "Inbound into Customs"... Less than 24 hrs later... "Inbound out Customs"...

Like I said, I don't think they know wtf is actually going on, so how do we....

I was under the belief that when it hit the sort center, customs had already signed off on it.. Maybe it's like said before, somebody thought the magazine needed to be looked at a little better.... Whatever... I'm still reading that mag Wink .. It's a good one!

Ice
Semper Fidelis

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
As I have said many times before, the computer system with custom does not work. In fact many times it does not even update. Included is a picture of the tracking for a magazine I had go through customs that never updated and just was in my mail one day. Had this happen on these last two magazines in fact. Quite strange.
(02-10-2016, 10:45 AM)IceWizard Wrote: All I know is I still have a TN that showed it passing through ISC , then the same day it showed "Inbound into Customs"... Less than 24 hrs later... "Inbound out Customs"...

Like I said, I don't think they know wtf is actually going on, so how do we....

I was under the belief that when it hit the sort center, customs had already signed off on it.. Maybe it's like said before, somebody thought the magazine needed to be looked at a little better.... Whatever... I'm still reading that mag Wink .. It's a good one!

Ice

Iceman, that's how it is on all my letters and it makes sense. "Inbound into Customs" means it was going into Customs to be processed. Once processed it leaves Customs and that's when you get the "Inbound out Customs." So you package cleared Customs in less than 24 hours.
Private transport services have their own IC reps since they handle so many packages. They still have to go through I C inspections, but they are done at their hub upon entry. (This can be good or bad) .... wasn't there a recent mass find on one of the transport carriers a year back.
I know this is how an express system that is federal does it.

For us ps Sort center is first. Sort by type size and how handled. Also how the import tag is filled in. Some go air, some ground, some rail, some boat... thus the term sort.
All incoming are supposed to go to IC and S but I don't know that is true.
Wikipedia has a good article on inbound routing, as well as many sites on the web.