Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Safe e-mail suggestions
I honestly wouldn't trust any e-mail provider. They can begin logging everything at any time, even if prior pledging not to do so. Your best bet is always going to be encryption.
I totally agree Rad... I always have phone encrypted (sp?) Thank you i will have to look into that more. I wouldn't know where to begin I only use one email never ever had a problem.
~Be the Aloha you want to see in the world~
Don't trust any person or company no matter what they promise. Trust proven technology like pgp encryption, tor and the darknet. High technology is good and so is low tech. No one can hack a piece of paper with a computer.

Don't say anything you don't want to say in front of a cop over the phone. Use encryption and keep your secret passwords written on paper and hidden.

Use 2fa, that is 2 factor authorization. For example, you use a password to log into your email, paypal account, online banking, etc. With 2fa you get temporary passwords that you must use along with your regular password. Sometimes its a number code. You might get a list of them, print them out and when you log in it tells you to enter #42 on the list to complete login. Or you might get a password by email for your next login. Write it down and delete the email. This way anyone who knows your password somehow, still can't get in. For example, a key logger might get put on your computer and give away your passwords. But with 2fa, they can't rob you or read your secrets.
Grandote, are you in the computer field? Very knowledable. Thank you.

Yes, thank you!
~Be the Aloha you want to see in the world~
Thanks everyone. Just little tricks I picked up along the way.
Sigaint through TOR with PGP is about as good as it gets.
Sigaint is good.
(04-09-2016, 06:43 PM)sugarycake Wrote: look ANY email vendor is always a risk until proven time and time again, its a risk we take and cross our fingers. just because u have 1 good order does not mean they are safe, selective scamming seems to really be an issue, glad we have these forums to prevent victims from these awful people

How shall I put this politely...One can see by clicking "Today's Posts" that you have been in a mad rush to reach 50 today, but since you've got 51 in the bank now, you might want to slow down a bit.  This thread is about safe email platforms, encryption, and clients - Not about email vendors.  Please, and thank you.