Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How does this happen?
My last package when I checked the tracking said it dispatched from the location and then 2days later it dispatched from the same location again. The post office is a mystery to me. I was just glad that my package finally arrived.
(02-20-2016, 12:57 AM)whatapain Wrote: Private transport services have their own IC reps since they handle so many packages. They still have to go through  I C inspections, but they are done at their hub upon entry.  (This can be good or bad) .... wasn't there a recent mass find on one of the transport carriers a year back.
I know this is how an express system that is federal does it.

For us ps  Sort center is first. Sort by type size and how handled. Also how the import tag is filled in. Some go air, some ground, some rail, some boat... thus the term sort.
All incoming are supposed to go to IC and S but I don't know that is true.
Wikipedia has a good article on inbound routing, as well as many sites on the web.

its inbound to ICS then leaves and goes to ICS sorting then off too destination which is why shows 2 ICS   or at least that's how all was explained to me  the west is tough than east IMHO
I've found USPS tracking to be so annoyingly inaccurate that I just use the tracking system from the country of origin - Regardless of which country it is, the tracking is always more accurate than USPS provides.