Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
benzos in Romania
I hope I posted in the right place but im going to Romania and was wondering if Benzos are otc there. I have a prescription but I will be there longer than my doctor can write for.
I would imagine you can buy anything in Romania but under eu law there not Otc as far as I know
I would think It would not be a problem, I as an citizen of the states could go to mexico, offer usa currency and get whatever I wanted if I dive into the slums and try a few places. I saw a VICE documentary where the country of Georgia benzos and DHC is OTC, which is a closer drive if its long stay and many many no goes , ofcourse I would be nervous though
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
There are a few otc benzo places, not many friendly to a yank. South Africa probably your best bet that doesn't involve bad stamps on your passport
Off topic, sorry. But I know you can buy Ultram right in the Mexican airports, and probably whatever else you ask for nicely. If you are ever in the area.

Late, I suppose...But to answer the original question in this thread, no.  Not only do benzos require a prescription from a Romanian Doctor, but Romania is still a poor country - Doctors AND Pharmacies are few and far between, even in Budapest.  My wife and I spent part of a two week vacation in Europe in Budapest a few years ago - You can get a 7-course dinner for two with 3 bottles of wine for about $13 US, we left a tip larger than the bill, as both the restaurant proprietor and our waiter were so friendly and kind (I can't remember how many free "shots" (poured into giant cognac snifters) of Slivovitz he brought me, but it was too many - I was pouring them into plants after the first two), and the baker gave us a giant paper bag stuffed with almost four entire different kinds of cakes as we were leaving.

The city does have a thriving underground market where you could probably get anything you wanted to, but I wouldn't set foot into that part of town for any amount of money.
(02-27-2017, 05:43 AM)Costro77 Wrote: It is strange, but many east countries tightened up the regulations very much. In some countries, i think Bulgaria, you need a special prescription for them, a kind similar prescription that was used for "real" PKs like morphine. What I know, only OTC benzo is phenazepam in Russia, but this is a very strange benzo and many people dislike it. But this does not mean that it is bad.

Ultram is a different category. I don't know if something changed from the time i did research, but benzos are on the UN list of psychotropic drugs, but tramadol is (or was 2 years ago) not.

Everything depends on the people...you are a stranger for them, so they probably will not trust you, or will you rip off.

Now i know this is old post and have to sorta agree many eastern European countries became a bit more strict with benzos and pk's over last 5-10 years,that said if your visiting one of them it trickles down how good you can speak local language,locate pharm that is independent,and cash of course,poorer countries while they might seem strict few note will losen up the talk.Worst case in trying that you might not get anything and just declined or if lucky at best you be able to buy supply for months woth,since while many places dont have centralized systems they still need to provide prescriptions etc.

think best country for otc shopping is india,given how lose the law there is to get medical degree or pharma license.
There are two things to consider. I strongly doubt that Benzos are OTC in any part of the world. But the main thing is how rigorous are them. For example Wink . So, simple go and try to buy it, you will not have any problem.
I heard they where otc in South Africa, I may be mistaken, I think I read it on this board somewhere
your only as old as the last time you changed your mind !
Your best hope will be to try and find an independent pharmacy and have a quiet word and flash some cash!!