Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum being private
I will definitely help whenever I see something. Thank you.
Thank you, my friend. Really awesome.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Yes, I understand that forums like this provide small havens where vendors and customers can interact, as well as customers intermingling with eachother. It's a community and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be. I was just lightly bringing up the very real point that markets in other places are collapsing and their currency is not as stable as it used to be, therefore the customers are desperately looking for other places. This user base is not tolerable on forums like this.
(02-05-2018, 06:26 PM)thegreaseman Wrote: Yes, I understand that forums like this provide small havens where vendors and customers can interact, as well as customers intermingling with eachother. It's a community and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be. I was just lightly bringing up the very real point that markets in other places are collapsing and their currency is not as stable as it used to be, therefore the customers are desperately looking for other places. This user base is not tolerable on forums like this.

Yep, in fact, is is getting extremely hard to find a reliable place ( PR is a joke, with that indian generic baners on their home page ) where to get real vendors.
Ok, greaseman, i understand ur concerns. All of this is why we are on heightened alert.

We have a private war room to discuss what staff believes. To compare our impressions of newbies.

And, we are on at all differing hours to nab ne'er do wells.

Usually, i am the only one to admit people as i have a photographic memory for screen names, avatars, sig lines. Among other things.

We shall protect you and that is why u see people getting warnings and being banned. A new crowd is trying to push their way in.

We shall not allow that.

How will this new shift affect us? Is it going back to fully private?
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
i am not aware of a new shift. It was maybe a year ago we went from private to public.

Elsewise, none of u would be here.

We were a group of fifty friends whom Evil Tester banned on one day. "You are done." He said to us all. And my friends asked me to run a forum just for friends.

The pioneer members, those remaining, are the first members. Some had to return to normal lives after an injury or caregiving were over.

But, the combo of us being private by referral only, and the worst i have seen it in both real life and online, made our vendors unhappy. Not enuff people.

We went public but we are not aiming to go much bigger.

Things should not change. And, with our rules and enforcement of same, the bad guys and scammers have little to no fun here. They last a few days or so tops.

They shall not rob us of our peace.

I just read at another forum, where the vendor has been having trouble for a yr or two. The members are at each other's throats. Eek.

So, we shall stay united. In peace. And, please, when u get a PM from some jerk claiming to have a super secret source for u, PM it to me. Hit mod report. We cannot let the bad guys win. Inner fighting will never allow for a peaceful forum.

It should be ok, horsie. Especially if people do mod reports and turn in tiny posts we might miss. Cuz some other forums are brutal and do try to take us down.

I guess they are losing money. Not sure. But, we are solid.

(02-06-2018, 01:38 AM)Charon Wrote: Ok, greaseman, i understand ur concerns.  All of this is why we are on heightened alert.

We have a private war room to discuss what staff believes.  To compare our impressions of newbies.

And, we are on at all differing hours to nab ne'er do wells.

Usually, i am the only one to admit people as i have a photographic memory for screen names, avatars, sig lines.  Among other things.

We shall protect you and that is why u see people getting warnings and being banned.  A new crowd is trying to push their way in.

We shall not allow that.

Thank you Charon. I never had any doubts about you or anyone else here, just chiming in because of things I and others have seen in websites outside of this forum.
i understand.  I cannot believe the infighting i saw at another forum i visit.

Seems their vendor is taking longer than expected.

But, there are tons of bad people trying to rip others off.  Screw our lives up.

This is actually a somewhat small world if one has been following it for many many years. So, we can often figure out whom is who.

But, when u see us get really tough with people, it is due to deleted posts u don't see, PMs to staff, PMs to other members that are mean or lies, or because they are trouble makers just trying to destroy the peace we had here.

We shall get it back. Keep small. Let the fighters do another forum. But, I understood grease.

This site was formed by members that were either banned and/or left because they wanted/needed anything better...

This is why it is not business as usual around here... No BS, no lies, we actually care about people
and not the almighty dollar ...

To compare this site and the old site is apples to oranges,we may be a forum with vendors, but the advise given here is true and correct, with absolutely no judgment.. This is the exact reason that we do not even allow those who abuse the medications found throughout the site, to stay very long with us... Those that come here to cause grief among those that are in enough pain and suffering already, can politely leave and start their own forum or be shown the door which is promptly slammed shut behind them...

Those promoting "behind the scenes" through our PM system or those which promote vendors with less then sterling reputations are not welcome in our house,,, We treat one another like our extended family and therefore, we will not tolerate those who intend to cause trouble with them...

We do take our responsibility to our members very seriously here ...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit