Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum being private
(01-12-2016, 07:43 PM)Charon Wrote: me, also, playa.  

and, to boot, my package was nabbed by customs.

argh.

let's hope everything gets back, not to normal, but to much better than normal.

i am weary of being the downtrodden.  LOL.

Sorry to hear that Charon. After many lucky years I broke my LL cherry in the worst way possible these last few months. So know that you are not alone. As far as privacy goes, I could go either way. I understand because seizure rates are getting ridiculous, and a lot of new members are asking for very obvious things to be spelled out that take very little common sense to understand. I also have been afraid that we are so familiar with each other (all of us) that we might be making things easy on uncle Don. It is hard, but I love this place and I simply do not have the time to post nearly a much as some newbies who literally post like its their job, seem totally knowledgeable, and then blatantly break rules. People are flooding on and showing no respect for the rules or what you built, and we seem to be paying a price. As far as vendors go, the ones we prize the most have to stop taking customers or be moved to 150 plus threads to protect themselves. So as much as I want to be an all inclusive, I vote for privacy.

P.S. My post count stopped going up, fix it now! Jokes, Ivor can wait, take care of yourselves, you have all always taken great care of me, and I know things will be fixed eventually.
P.P.S.That is another thing that doesn't make me worry about this site losing vendors, they in general know when they find a customer from here they are loyal, respectful, and not stupid or impetuous. And if a vendor is that money hungry I am personally not in a hurry to work with them. Okay I am done now. Good luck all.

While this is probably strange, maybe even selfish (?), coming from a brand new member we need to be wary in the coming months. Because of current states of "markets" and btc fluctuation many strangers will most likely seek out places like this, and they won't be looking for treatments.
Sad but so very true...

We do try our dead level best to thwart those that come here just to Party as most of us have serious medical conditions and we have been pushed to the limits and have to seek out remedies to try and easy our pain and suffering...

Ice
A true friend,
freely advises,
justly assists readily, 
adventures boldly, 
takes all patiently,
defends courageously
and continues a friend unchangeably.

William Penn

Ok, i am very blessed in having such help at this forum.  and awesome help to boot.  i used to do this mostly solo for so long.

But, we are acutely aware of new people coming in with nefarious intents.

Now, just a suggestion, but u could help us mightily by simply hitting the report button under a bad post that gives up info.  Or is trying to vend.  An unknown.

Or, if u make a new post under the bad post, it is more likely to bring it to our attention.  Pretty sure u can do mod reports without fifty posts.  Very sure.

So, if u see something posted, please do a mod report.  It really helps me and my people here.  Cuz we have become inundated and many of us are less than thrilled.  But the bad guys do not last here.  Every post is eventually read.

Its a good idea.  We are always on top of the ne'er do wells around.  And, if u want to feel like helping, just do a mod report on a bad post that breaks rules.

good post.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
I will definitely help whenever I see something. Thank you.
Thank you, my friend. Really awesome.
Yes, I understand that forums like this provide small havens where vendors and customers can interact, as well as customers intermingling with eachother. It's a community and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be. I was just lightly bringing up the very real point that markets in other places are collapsing and their currency is not as stable as it used to be, therefore the customers are desperately looking for other places. This user base is not tolerable on forums like this.
(02-05-2018, 06:26 PM)thegreaseman Wrote: Yes, I understand that forums like this provide small havens where vendors and customers can interact, as well as customers intermingling with eachother. It's a community and I'm not saying that it shouldn't be. I was just lightly bringing up the very real point that markets in other places are collapsing and their currency is not as stable as it used to be, therefore the customers are desperately looking for other places. This user base is not tolerable on forums like this.

Yep, in fact, is is getting extremely hard to find a reliable place ( PR is a joke, with that indian generic baners on their home page ) where to get real vendors.
Ok, greaseman, i understand ur concerns. All of this is why we are on heightened alert.

We have a private war room to discuss what staff believes. To compare our impressions of newbies.

And, we are on at all differing hours to nab ne'er do wells.

Usually, i am the only one to admit people as i have a photographic memory for screen names, avatars, sig lines. Among other things.

We shall protect you and that is why u see people getting warnings and being banned. A new crowd is trying to push their way in.

We shall not allow that.
How will this new shift affect us? Is it going back to fully private?
"The good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease"  -William Osler

"The art of Medicine consists of amusing the patient while nature cures the disease"  -Voltaire