Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forum being private
(01-12-2016, 07:43 PM)Charon Wrote: me, also, playa.  

and, to boot, my package was nabbed by customs.

argh.

let's hope everything gets back, not to normal, but to much better than normal.

i am weary of being the downtrodden.  LOL.

That sucks Charon!!! Sorry you package was nabbed. Better luck next time. Hopefully your vendor is kind enough to re ship
Did I miss something, or is there an ETA set in place when these boards will be completely private?
This is a bit selfish of me, but I would like to see the boards completely private as well. Of course, that is because I got in while they were open. But I would feel a bit safer if the boards were more locked down.

On a side note, are the spiders for Google, Bing, etc. able to crawl these forums?
The forum is never going to be completely private. You have to think about the vendors. At any given time you can look at the bottom of the page and see the number of members logged on and the number of guests. The guests will always outnumber the members, at times, 2-1, or even 3-1.

The guest are on the site for one reason, to view the vendor threads seeking reliable vendors with good products. They bring the vendors new business. Many of the guest eventually become members. The bottom line the guests are good for the vendors and the vendors are good for the site. There would be no site without the vendors.

Yes to your question Falcon.
This is news. Ok with me, just saying.
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
The Boss told me, FirePlaces. I don't see what's wrong with letting the guests at least read the vendor threads. They can't post or anything, what's the harm in guests reading the vendor threads only?  You have to admit, from a business point of view it makes sense for the vendors. Want to keep the vendors happy.
Oh I totally agree. It is why folks are here.  

I was glad to see that the Off Topic threads are only available to be read by members.

It's a good compromise or set-up in my opinion.  I need to scope it out a bit more.
Music is probably the only real magic I have encountered in my life. There's not some trick involved with it. It's pure and it's real. It moves, it heals, it communicates and does all these incredible things. Tom Petty
On the subject of fish antibiotics, I ordered two types from Walmart.com, completely legal and no prescription needed.

One was Keflex, called fishflex, the otherwas fish sulfa forte which is sulfamthoxazole/trimetoprim. My Doc ALWAYS gives me these when I have infected sebacaous cysts, which I'm prone to. I had no Keflex here from a pharmacy but I had the other and it was EXACTLY the same pill, exactly. These are pharmacuetical grade medications I use them for us, but also for my dogs when they get ear infections. They sell many other types including pennicillin, ceclor, augmentin, amongst others. They save me the vet charge and also save me the trip there which my dogs hate going. If you know what antibiotic works for the type of infection you have, i highly recommend them. You won't grow gills or start flopping around when your water comes out of the tub LOL
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=fi...ntibiotics

Also if you google fish antibiotics there are many companies selling them, I've never checked prices against Walmart's
 Angels Among US      Angel
(10-26-2017, 05:15 PM)alsmom360 Wrote: On the subject of fish antibiotics,  I ordered two types from Walmart.com, completely legal and no prescription needed.

One was Keflex, called fishflex, the otherwas fish sulfa forte which is sulfamthoxazole/trimetoprim.  My Doc ALWAYS gives me these when I have infected sebacaous cysts, which I'm prone to.  I had no Keflex here from a pharmacy but I had the other and it was EXACTLY the same pill, exactly.  These are pharmacuetical grade medications  I use them for us, but also for my dogs when they get ear infections.  They sell many other types including pennicillin, ceclor, augmentin, amongst others.  They save me the vet charge and also save me the trip there which my dogs hate going.  If you know what antibiotic works for the type of infection you have, i highly recommend them.  You won't grow gills or start flopping around when your water comes out of the tub LOL
https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=fi...ntibiotics

Also if you google fish antibiotics there are many companies selling them, I've never checked prices against Walmart's

A lot of survivalist "prepper" types actually stock up on fish antibiotics in case shit hits the fan.
I like that part of the site is open and part locked, it means that information is freely shared to help people find the medicines they need without being scammed whilst also encouraging people to contribute to the community Smile