Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
IN STATES WITH MEDICAL MARIJUANA, PAINKILLER DEATHS DROP BY 25
@Costro77

I would think that a prescription would keep you out of legal trouble. I guess it would depend on which state you're in and how they choose to handle that type of situation. Also, THC remains in a persons system even after the high has worn off so I don't think someone could accurately conclude whether or not you're high from THC at any specific time if you're a regular smoker. Seems like a person could fight that in court if they were arrested/given a citation.
(02-15-2017, 06:41 PM)Charon Wrote: As is, in so called legal states, PM doctors don't allow MMJ in one's body, or the patient will be booted from the program.

Yes that'd exactly what happens Charon. When I first started with the NP that I currently see a little over a year ago immediately thought I MUST smoke pot. Since like 3/4 of the people here where I live do. This was his way of pretty much saying to himself that "ooh I can kick this guy off his meds". That was the tone and attitude he had. He was quick to hand me a urine sample bottle and thought I got this guy. I purposefully don't take any thing that will ruin a screen over a month before my appt. So I grabbed the cup and said sure be right back. He didn't like that answer very much and seemingly was upset that I tested clean. 

Now he's been throwing the whole diagnostic testing lingo out at me left and right currently. All that means is they want to spend your money on more tests of the same thing to find any excuse to boot you as a patient from prescribing. 

So yes currently on the west coast that's what doctors are doing. Frustrating to say the least. Makes me miss my main doctors I had over the years. They never would care.
"Love your life and love others around you"
I researched all this once for a divorce case. It used to take 72 days to get MMJ out of one's system. If "they" do a screening of your hair, its all over now, baby blue. Hair samples show meds imbibed up to six months.

But, it is certainly a crying shame that a natural medicine given to us by the Lord God himself is deemed illegal by the federal gvt.

Many an MS doctor or Lupus doctor know that the medicine in MMJ, can and does work. Now, in NY, although our governor was going to make it legal a year or two ago, he instead changed the law before he signed it. From what I understand, one can receive MMJ for the pain of MS or Lupus, the seizures, that sort of thing, but medicaid won't pay. And medicare, aka disability, is certain that those whom receive disability have no other assets.

So, I heard that one can pay for three months treatment now, of oil, i believe, but the cost to the patient is 8000$ for the three months. Not many of us, particularly those of us in need of MMJ, would have those types of assets just lying around.

My older sister is past president of three NYC hospitals. I saw the fear that doctors whom had inventions that could find cancer so quickly had in re: the FDA. I saw all the liberal doctors go to prison or lose their licenses for treating legitimate pain patients. And, I saw the Drug Vendors offer anything under the sun to the doctors and hospitals that would prescribe what they wanted them to. Money, vacations, and I guess all that cold and heartless people will take to make them feel better. The patient be damned.

Disgusting. Now, I also warn people that since our economy is so poor, that hospitals try to put a person through test after test just to make money for the facility.

It is pure balderdash. But, I have grown jaded. Some tests are imperative and very helpful. Not all.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

This is very interesting to me, as if it were legalized older Generations may not become hooked on prescription painkillers, as it everyone knows many people start off on prescription painkillers through their doctor not because they wanted to grab something off the street but to make this change we need to do it now and force it and hope down the road that are opiate epidemic dies off because right now it's currently multiplying strenuous right
(02-20-2017, 11:32 PM)Charon Wrote: I researched all this once for a divorce case.  It used to take 72 days to get MMJ out of one's system.  If "they" do a screening of your hair, its all over now, baby blue.  Hair samples show meds imbibed up to six months.

But, it is certainly a crying shame that a natural medicine given to us by the Lord God himself is deemed illegal by the federal gvt.

Many an MS doctor or Lupus doctor know that the medicine in MMJ, can and does work.  Now, in NY, although our governor was going to make it legal a year or two ago, he instead changed the law before he signed it.  From what I understand, one can receive MMJ for the pain of MS or Lupus, the seizures, that sort of thing, but medicaid won't pay.  And medicare, aka disability, is certain that those whom receive disability have no other assets.

So, I heard that one can pay for three months treatment now, of oil, i believe, but the cost to the patient is 8000$ for the three months.  Not many of us, particularly those of us in need of MMJ, would have those types of assets just lying around.  

My older sister is past president of three NYC hospitals.  I saw the fear that doctors whom had inventions that could find cancer so quickly had in re: the FDA.  I saw all the liberal doctors go to prison or lose their licenses for treating legitimate pain patients.  And, I saw the Drug Vendors offer anything under the sun to the doctors and hospitals that would prescribe what they wanted them to. Money, vacations, and I guess all that cold and heartless people will take to make them feel better.  The patient be damned.

Disgusting.  Now, I also warn people that since our economy is so poor, that hospitals try to put a person through test after test just to make money for the facility.

It is pure balderdash.  But, I have grown jaded.  Some tests are imperative and very helpful.  Not all.

I agree, It's a shame that a natural medicine part of human culture for thosuands of years is now sch A. I guess those are the breaks.

As for testing, it's likely that a urine test is conducted. Those are much cheaper than hair tests (which can be several grand), and can detect THC for up to 72 days if one is a daily user.

If youre being asked for a hair test, someone's really out to get you. THC can stay in the hair for up to 1 year.
yes it can but most tests can identify it in about l than 3 months .