Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
IN STATES WITH MEDICAL MARIJUANA, PAINKILLER DEATHS DROP BY 25
(12-30-2015, 11:36 AM)IceWizard Wrote: [Image: medical-marijuana.jpg]
A jar of medical marijuana is displayed at the California Heritage Market in Los Angeles.

America has a major problem with prescription pain medications like Vicodin and OxyContin. Overdose deaths from these pharmaceutical opioids have approximately tripled since 1991, and every day 46 people die of such overdoses in the United States.

However, in the 13 states that passed laws allowing for the use of medical marijuana between 1999 and 2010, 25 percent fewer people die from opioid overdoses annually.

“The difference is quite striking,” said study co-author Colleen Barry, a health policy researcher at Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore.

The shift showed up quite quickly and become visible the year after medical marijuana was accepted in each state, she told Newsweek.
Yep, since the Iraq war heroin use has greatly increased (hmmmm Iraq,Aghan poppies) and now the vets given opiates when they get out...funny the vets here are pushing legalization but the senate put the bill on ice.
That is great to hear I dont mj for any reason but am a strong believer in mj
(12-30-2015, 01:21 PM)Charon Wrote: it's pathetic.  ur state is legal.  but, its a no go, with ur Pain management doctor?

Makes it ludicrous to even think of using it.

Sorry, fire.

I have to give a big DITTO to this. That is absolute malarkey!

Sorry, had to say it as well...

(06-15-2016, 04:34 PM)Nonoo Wrote: That is great to hear I dont mj for any reason but am a strong believer in mj

Nonoo thank you for being a believer! Why, I love coming here. To here this kind of news.
Perpetual optimism in your self or any organization is a force multiplier. Wink
the headline 25% less opiate deaths is amazing since mmj
the proof is in the pudding
Those of US WHO have used mmj for years have seen that effect in many ppl...but its awsome that the Gorvements take notice .. But as allways they are Way to late for many now addicted to pks..so sad !
It would be cool, to show the statistics in visual format. Like, per capita the drops of deaths to what the DEA is calling the epidemic going around with the heroin, one of the worst cases seen in the history of our lifetime.

The DEA released that heroin overdoses have tripled,
since 2014.

In a map depicted by the DEA. the whole entire East Coast is plagued by this, while the West Coast has minimal to almost none in the form of overdoses.  

That is attributed to the 25% cut on opioid related fatalities. All thanks to that wonderful and most effective herb on the planet known as, marijuana!

Not to mention that MMJ and some concentrates have helped some of the most addicted opiod addicts.
I can vouch for this as an attest to the truth, from personal experience.

I love you, Mary Jane.
Perpetual optimism in your self or any organization is a force multiplier. Wink
Missouri will soon be there and I can't wait. We got on the ballet soon. I hope it passes.
PK overdose is way down in Colorado. I am absolutely blown away with what high school or college me would think of the state of affairs in 'Rado these days. What's really interesting is what is going on in the CBD world right now and the fact that it can be extracted by hemp and that it's a bit of a gray area as to whether it can be purchased legally without falling under MMJ laws in CO and other states where legalization takes place. I SWEAR by CBD and it's healing properties.

Some of the shows on Viceland are VERY illuminating in it's benefits to society, and honestly the ability to not only heal, but CURE long-term illnesses for even those underage. There are families uprooting themselves from various states to participate in the benefits of this legitimately medicinal movement.

The problem is it's hard to legitimize as something medicinal when legal growers name strains like "Trainwreck" or "Green Crack". I am diagnosed with a host of neurological disorders and when it was all "medicinal" I would laugh at the medical dispensaries trying to take themselves seriously with strain names like this. How about something like "Low-Key" or "Makes You Feel Better" or "Migraine-Killer"???
Random musings via modern day prophet, M McConaughey:
"Alright Alright Alright."
"I've been driving a Lincoln since long before anybody paid me to drive one."
"It'd be a lot cooler if you did."

So, you have watched weediquette on vice as well.

I have autoimmunes.

I believe MMJ, and the components therefrom, with particular "shout out" to the benefits of oil, are a gift given to us by God. Taken away by our government.

The governor of NY, after a big hoopla that he would make it legal for the sick, last year, changed the buggery bollocks law before he signed it into existence.

Now, one can only obtain it three weeks before death. On a Tuesday. Holding a badger with a spoon. Its impossible to get even for permanently disabled no hope of recovery.

Do you remember the family whom camped out on Weediquette in your state I believe? He had IBS or chrons disease and could not take humira shots anymore. and, the little girl whom had nonstop seizures without doses of oil daily?

the saddest part is that neither family could afford the treatment any further. As far as I read last, they could never return to get the medicine they so needed.

A new season started this week, I do believe.

Unfortunately, it is still a sch 1. That fact is the real crime behind the chronically ill using MMJ.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Thumbs Up 
(09-02-2016, 11:34 PM)Charon Wrote: So, you have watched weediquette on vice as well.

I have autoimmunes.

I believe MMJ, and the components therefrom, with particular "shout out" to the benefits of oil, are a gift given to us by God.  Taken away by our government.

The governor of NY, after a big hoopla that he would make it legal for the sick, last year, changed the buggery bollocks law before he signed it into existence.

Now, one can only obtain it three weeks before death.  On a Tuesday.  Holding a badger with a spoon.  Its impossible to get even for permanently disabled no hope of recovery.

Do you remember the family whom camped out on Weediquette in your state I believe?  He had IBS or chrons disease and could not take humira shots anymore.  and, the little girl whom had nonstop seizures without doses of oil daily?

the saddest part is that neither family could afford the treatment any further.  As far as I read last, they could never return to get the medicine they so needed.

Unfortunately,  it is still a sch 1.  That fact is the real crime behind the chronically ill using MMJ.

Yep - INSANE that it's still sch 1. Weediquette is amazing. Lots of people pass Vice off as nonsense, but their programming is phenomenal. Yep - that family was HEARTBREAKING. Gotta check the DVR out and see what this week's was about. I was reading a really interesting article about the fact that there is only one gov research facility that can test medical MMJ or approve others to do so and they hold on to it like crazy, which is why the progress for removing it from sch 1 and discovering the benefits of it medically are moving slower than molasses. It's ridiculous.

(09-03-2016, 12:09 AM)rockyguy Wrote:
(09-02-2016, 11:34 PM)Charon Wrote: So, you have watched weediquette on vice as well.

I have autoimmunes.

I believe MMJ, and the components therefrom, with particular "shout out" to the benefits of oil, are a gift given to us by God.  Taken away by our government.

Now, one can only obtain it three weeks before death.  On a Tuesday.  Holding a badger with a spoon.  Its impossible to get even for permanently disabled no hope of recovery.

Do you remember the family whom camped out on Weediquette in your state I believe?  He had IBS or chrons disease and could not take humira shots anymore.  and, the little girl whom had nonstop seizures without doses of oil daily?

the saddest part is that neither family could afford the treatment any further.  As far as I read last, they could never return to get the medicine they so needed.

Unfortunately,  it is still a sch 1.  That fact is the real crime behind the chronically ill using MMJ.

Yep - INSANE that it's still sch 1. Weediquette is amazing. Lots of people pass Vice off as nonsense, but their programming is phenomenal. Yep - that family was HEARTBREAKING. The Kratom sch 1 is insane as well. It's part of the coffee family for gods sake! Gotta check the DVR out and see what this week's was about. I was reading a really interesting article about the fact that there is only one gov research facility that can test medical MMJ or approve others to do so and they hold on to it like crazy, which is why the progress for removing it from sch 1 and discovering the benefits of it medically are moving slower than molasses. It's ridiculous.
Random musings via modern day prophet, M McConaughey:
"Alright Alright Alright."
"I've been driving a Lincoln since long before anybody paid me to drive one."
"It'd be a lot cooler if you did."