Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Subuxone vs Subutex? Buprenorphine Thread
Hey Omar-Google "Suboxone Liquid Dilution Taper". I did it and it was painless. When you get 50 posts, PM me and I will share a few forums with folks who have a bunch of experience with this.
Thanks will do Ghost
You can PM with people after u achieve fifty posts in ON TOPIC areas.

I am glad u r willing to help others, but, until we see your posts, and, I mean many more than the 3? u have, we discourage PMing b/w two new members. Or you and an older member.

We have seen it all both here and at other forums we have run.

Be extremely careful whom you trust on one of these boards. Read first. Especially the rules. http://ioplist.org/showthread.php?tid=1

We want to know your character before we allow any undue PMing with two newer members. I have seen Our Pioneer Members (now banned, of course,) trying to convince the newer members to fall for vendors we know are pure scam artists.

You may have the most knowledge on God's green earth, but, here? You must make your fifty posts. Show us whom you are before we can trust you. (And, read those rules please. We discourage soliciting PMs at this point.)
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
No problem. Just letting u know before I get the admin and/or mod reports. No kidding. We are very protective of our forum and its members.

But, you are learning. Thank you.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel
My ins just stopped covering my sub strips and my doc refuses to Rx me subutex (made me go on ZubSolv which blows) . . . he says he is not unethical and that I must have the naloxone with the bupe. I want to tell him he is mainly just dumb (as buprenorphine IS the opiate blocker in both meds) and should go back and take his required bupe course, but don't want to lose my other scripts.
(04-11-2016, 06:25 PM)Mrchuckey12 Wrote: My ins just stopped covering my sub strips and my doc refuses to Rx me subutex (made me go on ZubSolv which blows) . . . he says he is not unethical and that I must have the naloxone with the bupe. I want to tell him he is mainly just dumb (as buprenorphine IS the opiate blocker in both meds) and should go back and take his required bupe course, but don't want to lose my other scripts.

My insurance did the same. I had terrible side effects from Zubsolv. Tried 2 different drs and no one will help. They only care about the money, not u. If u complain, they will say hit the road, they have enough ppl on their list who will take zubsolv. I decided it's time to get off this medication.

Most drs only give subutex to pregnant women.
Prob cos u can use opiates on subutex, may have something to do with it, honestly not sure. Sorry to hear your situation I know it all too well.
You really can't use opiates on subutex. That's complete misinformation.

Buprenorphine itself has such a strong binding affinity, it is what puts you into PWD's; not the naloxone. The naloxone is in such a small amount that even if you could absorb it well sublingually 2mg isn't enough to do much. In reality, 99% of people taking subs do not need a full 8mg strip as it is, so if you're dosing it correctly and not overdoing it you're getting mcg amounts of naloxone with your dose.

It's really bad how much misinformation is out there about bupe/subs/naloxone. Being dependent on opiates has taught me that maybe 3% of doctors know what they're actually talking about, and 3% is being very generous on my part.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I couldn't think of a better place. I am currently going to a Methadone clinic and I have been thinking of switching to suboxone. I have been going to the clinic for 3 years, however, and they are recommending I stay there and simply taper off the methadone instead of switching to suboxone. Of course, I don't know if they are actually telling me what is best for me healthwise, or simply telling me to stay on methadone so that I can stay at their clinic. I would appreciate any input from anyone...basically I am asking if it is a good idea to switch over or should I just slowly taper off from the Methadone? When I get some answers I will try and make this more specific so that you all can get a better understanding.

Thanks,

EDIT: I really do not want to upset any mods as you all have been very good to me in the past few weeks so, I apologize in advance if this is not the type of question to put on here.

(12-28-2015, 10:54 PM)laizerfiest 2.0 Wrote: Damn, it sounds like you had a really bad run through the addiction medicine world.  Luckily, at least somethings have changed in the last decade, my clinic is pretty nice, and deals with anxiety disorders, PTSD, etc..., not just addiction.  

Wish my clinic was like that. Or I can find a place that deals with anxiety disorders and not just certain types of addiction...it'd be nice not having all these different docs... Undecided
-Marino

Live the life you love,
 love the life you live.  Heart
(04-15-2016, 05:47 PM)Marino1990 Wrote: I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I couldn't think of a better place. I am currently going to a Methadone clinic and I have been thinking of switching to suboxone. I have been going to the clinic for 3 years, however, and they are recommending I stay there and simply taper off the methadone instead of switching to suboxone. Of course, I don't know if they are actually telling me what is best for me healthwise, or simply telling me to stay on methadone so that I can stay at their clinic. I would appreciate any input from anyone...basically I am asking if it is a good idea to switch over or should I just slowly taper off from the Methadone? When I get some answers I will try and make this more specific so that you all can get a better understanding.

Thanks,

EDIT: I really do not want to upset any mods as you all have been very good to me in the past few weeks so, I apologize in advance if this is not the type of question to put on here.

(12-28-2015, 10:54 PM)laizerfiest 2.0 Wrote: Damn, it sounds like you had a really bad run through the addiction medicine world.  Luckily, at least somethings have changed in the last decade, my clinic is pretty nice, and deals with anxiety disorders, PTSD, etc..., not just addiction.  

Wish my clinic was like that. Or I can find a place that deals with anxiety disorders and not just certain types of addiction...it'd be nice not having all these different docs... Undecided

Hey marino,

Having experience with both it is kind of a pick your poison situation. Do you want to quit opiates? That should be the motivator. 

On the one hand, Methadone is much easier to measure and do a controlled taper *IF* you have have control of it and dispense it to yourself. This is pretty tough, even with take homes, when you have to go in once in a awhile and dose in front of a nurse. The clinic I went to made tapering difficult. Dose reductions had to be approved by a doctor, a counselor, and an administrator. They would sometimes take 2 or 3 weeks just to approve a dose reduction. I think a big part of it is money and keeping you on as a source of recurring revenue.

If you can get Sub from a private physician, then dosing is in your control. It is pretty easy to cut the pills and I guess strips nowadays when initially tapering and then the liquid dilution method is good for precise measurement of increasingly small doses to taper off.

One thing you must understand if you switch to Sub is to get down to below 30mg daily of Methadone and be stable before attempting the switch. Even more important is to wait until you feel physical withdrawals (NOT just withdrawal anxiety) before starting Sub. It is a weird drug and and can actually displace the Methadone bound to your receptors if you take it before withdrawals. They call this precipitated withdrawals and it makes regular withdrawals seem quite pleasant in comparison.

I was on MMT for 7.5 years, tapering from 110mg daily to 12mg at the clinic I went to. Sub had just become available and the physician at the clinic decided I was to be his guinea pig with it. I was told to wait 24 hours after my last Methadone dose to start the Sub. I went into precipitated withdrawals and had the worst two days of my life. Straight back on the Methadone for another 6 months.

When I successfully switched to Sub, I ended up waiting almost 6 days from my last Methadone dose before I started the Sub. It took that long before I felt any real physical withdrawals. I got the sub from a private physician and was on 2mg the 2nd day. Over the next 18 months I did a slow taper eventually using the liquid dilution method to get down to .025mg/day before stopping. Zero noticeable withdrawals through the process. I have been off all opiates (including Methadone and Sub) since mid 2006.

Having that perspective, if you are ambivalent and do not truly want to quit all opiates for good, stay on the Methadone. If you really want to quit and are ready to take your life back from the chains of clinics and opiates, find a private sub doc and control the taper yourself. It is totally doable.

Good luck....Sorry for rambling but the whole mindset of using addicting drugs to "treat" ie maintain an addiction is a logical twist I still don't get and hate to hear about people struggling with it.
Subutex all the way!

I fully agree that the nalaxone was making me feel  bit off and not worth it..

I currently take the 54 411 Roxane subutex.. They are pretty big for 8mg.. But whatever.. What can ya do?

Also if you're paying outnof pocket you'll save so much more with Subutex.