Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Modafinal
Exactly as Teddy said. Don't expect a jolt or anything like that. I do work rotating shifts and the days I have to wake up extremely early, I notice I am much more awake and focused.

Also, I will use kratom also from time to time when extremely tired. The modafinil definitely potentiates it! That I can say for sure.
^^^ this is a spot about the effects, that I have also heard from others I know. Its not like an stimulant med, with the way it puts your body in overdrive. Its more a feeling of well being and clear headed and alert/focused. It also gives you a feeling of being awake, but not on edge like stimulant meds can produce.

Not sure if this is allowed, but I ve seen a lot of reviews for modafinilcat (seen them mentioned elsewhere on the forum too) on reddit and seem they seem pretty positive
OP did you wind up trying the Moda? If you did, how was it compared to your expectation vs. what people said about it? Am interested in this med as well.
Hey coming down, never tried doubling. I know this, taken after lunch and its tough to sleep that night.
(11-25-2015, 09:31 PM)Stripers Wrote: Hey coming down, never tried doubling. I know this, taken after lunch and its tough to sleep that night.

Thanks for the info! I would not want to take it after lunch then, insomnia is hard enough without it lol. I guess timing is everything, I may have to look into it more! Charon's review of it sounded good as well
(11-20-2015, 01:11 AM)comingdown Wrote: ^^^ this is a spot about the effects, that I have also heard from others I know. Its not like an stimulant med, with the way it puts your body in overdrive. Its more a feeling of well being and clear headed and alert/focused. It also gives you a feeling of being awake, but not on edge like stimulant meds can produce.

Not sure if this is allowed, but I ve seen a lot of reviews for modafinilcat (seen them mentioned elsewhere on the forum too) on reddit and seem they seem pretty positive

ModaCat is legit! That would be a great source for modafonil and armodafinil.  I'm not sure how many people actually use these products but they

are very good.  Wakelert (armodafinil/nuvigil) is also very good.
(12-03-2015, 08:11 PM)teddy1998 Wrote:
(11-20-2015, 01:11 AM)comingdown Wrote: ^^^ this is a spot about the effects, that I have also heard from others I know. Its not like an stimulant med, with the way it puts your body in overdrive. Its more a feeling of well being and clear headed and alert/focused. It also gives you a feeling of being awake, but not on edge like stimulant meds can produce.

ModaCat is legit! That would be a great source for modafonil and armodafinil.  I'm not sure how many people actually use these products but they

are very good.  Wakelert (armodafinil/nuvigil) is also very good.

Thank you for the info about ModaCat, glad to hear that they are legit after reading others reviews its good to see someone on here give them a positive review as well!

Have you had any experience with adderall to compare the modafinil against? I would be interesting in hearing what others think about the adderall over modafin in terms of focus, energy, side effects etc.
comingdown, Totally different. Adderall is an amphetamine (true stimulant) whereas Modafinil is a eugeroic better known as "Wakefulness Promoting Agent". It is more to help with sleepiness then provide to provide stimulant effects. I was going to order some but ended up getting some from my doc and they really didn't do much, at least for me.
I agree with the comments about it being more about wakefullness than stimulation. I've heard it described as an anti-sleepiness medication (which makes sense, since as people have pointed out, it was originally for narcolepsy).

My experience is that on its own it doesn't make be jittery. But I do watch my caffeine intake as that seems to hit me more - and not in a good way. The biggest problem I have with it is the half life being so long. On the rare occasions I now use it, I set my alarm early, take the pill, go back to sleep for about 40 mins, then wake up feeling very awake. From the point of view of getting stuff done it makes me quite efficient if I am focused on one thing, but not good if I have to task switch. I think quite a lot of students use it for exam revision (BTW, that is not a recommendation, but simply an observation.)

I also recommend Modalert made by Sun Pharma (India). Good quality, quite widely available, never heard of fakes (although anything is possible), and generally not too expensive.
I'd agree with Barq. Take it early as it will cause difficulty sleeping if taken too late.
Strange thing with modafinil for me happened recently though. I've mentioned I work rotating shifts and had a week of normal hours. After not using modafinil for a week, I was more aware of its effects when I used it and it definitely did give me a noticeable boost in energy and mood. For my situation it's great and I will definitely keep it around.