Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Tips for Insomnia
Has anyone tried the " Lush" sleep time lotion?

it has lots of positive feedback, but it seems too good to be true and all the praise could have come from the company itself instead of ot being an honest review.
(10-31-2017, 12:28 AM)yellowdog Wrote: Has anyone tried the " Lush" sleep time lotion?

it has lots of positive feedback, but it seems too good to be true and all the praise could have come from the company itself instead of ot being an honest review.

I looked it up. It contains lavender oil, which can be calming, so I guess theoretically this product might do something. I don't know if any of the other ingredients would have sleep-promoting properties.

It would be much cheaper to just buy some lavender essential oil.
I have had some success with Zquil. Maybe someone can try it.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush
I decided to bump this thread again because it's something that's forefront with me again, and also may be helpful to new members that don't know it is here.

I recently found an herbal sleep aid that seems to help, albeit, only slightly for me.
Gaia RapidRelief Sound Sleep.

It seemed to help me with falling asleep faster, but not so much with staying asleep.
I found it at the Vitamin Shoppe, but it's also available through Amazon, and at Gaia's website. It is kind of pricey, but may be a good alternative to scripted meds for some.
BUMP

Lots of the sleep talk could go in here and not be repetitive.
Bump...
I have had alot of success with the combination of melatonin, ZMA, and making sure to excercise. I have had chronic insomnia for years and this combination i believe is the best with the minimal amount of side effects
Pardon my ignorance, what is ZMA?
Ditto ^ never heard of it, so.....

I g00gled it:

“ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vitamin B6) is a supplement used primarily by athletes, gymnasts, and bodybuilders. It advertises itself as a 'recovery aid' that allegedly helps the body achieve deeper levels of REM sleep.”

Sounds interesting.

Good on you for bumping this thread Audrey, its a very good thread and we cant let it die.

After a lot of research I tried something recently, CBD - its one of the active ingredients found in C4nnab1s, however it contains none of the psychoactive stuff (T H C).
Anyway, it apparently / claims to / has many reviews saying it ... has an absolute plethora of benefits from pain relief, through anti anxiety to better sleep, and everything inbetween.
Its quite expensive over here (£25 for 25 jellies) so not financially viable (given each jelly was 10mg and it said “up to 10 per day”) 
It seems to be much more readily available, cheaper and possibly even a DIY (or GYO) option in the, US, for example.

Give it a g00gle “CBD” - Id definately say it eased pain I had and gave me a better quality sleep.
I had 10 over 48 hours (1/2 the max recommended dose) although said recommended dose differs hugely depending who you speak to / what you read.
(02-06-2018, 08:39 PM)iNsom Wrote: Ditto ^ never heard of it, so.....

I g00gled it:

“ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vitamin B6) is a supplement used primarily by athletes, gymnasts, and bodybuilders. It advertises itself as a 'recovery aid' that allegedly helps the body achieve deeper levels of REM sleep.”

Sounds interesting.

Good on you for bumping this thread Audrey, its a very good thread and we cant let it die.

After a lot of research I tried something recently, CBD - its one of the active ingredients found in C4nnab1s, however it contains none of the psychoactive stuff (T H C).
Anyway, it apparently / claims to / has many reviews saying it ... has an absolute plethora of benefits from pain relief, through anti anxiety to better sleep, and everything inbetween.
Its quite expensive over here (£25 for 25 jellies) so not financially viable (given each jelly was 10mg and it said “up to 10 per day”) 
It seems to be much more readily available, cheaper and possibly even a DIY (or GYO) option in the, US, for example.

Give it a g00gle “CBD” - Id definately say it eased pain I had and gave me a better quality sleep.
I had 10 over 48 hours (1/2 the max recommended dose) although said recommended dose differs hugely depending who you speak to / what you read.

CBD, cannabanoids, are great for everything that you listed. Although yes it is expensive pretty much everywhere.