Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Tips for Insomnia
I personally feel nasty whenever I take most antihistamines. However, for some reason, ketotifen does not give me the same side effects.

In America, ketotifen is only available as eyedrops, but it is available in other countries as tablets. It is a very common med and is available from the major online pharmacies. For those of you looking for another sedative option, ketotifen might be worth trying.
I take 50mg of Doxylamine most nights.
From researcch it seems most people take between 12.5mg - 25mg, with success, however ths dose was too low for me, hence the 50mg.

“The FDA approved 25mg -50mg nightly.
In fact: Its off-label routinely used by doctors to treat morning sickness in pregnant women at higher doses than 50mg” *

For anyone who has not had success with Doxylamine I would suggest trying a 50mg dose if you haven't already.

Please bare in mind, I am not a Doctor, this * is however an almost direct quote from a Doctor.
Has anyone tried the " Lush" sleep time lotion?

it has lots of positive feedback, but it seems too good to be true and all the praise could have come from the company itself instead of ot being an honest review.
(10-31-2017, 12:28 AM)yellowdog Wrote: Has anyone tried the " Lush" sleep time lotion?

it has lots of positive feedback, but it seems too good to be true and all the praise could have come from the company itself instead of ot being an honest review.

I looked it up. It contains lavender oil, which can be calming, so I guess theoretically this product might do something. I don't know if any of the other ingredients would have sleep-promoting properties.

It would be much cheaper to just buy some lavender essential oil.
I have had some success with Zquil. Maybe someone can try it.
Disabled Veteran.Heavily medicated for your safety Blush
I decided to bump this thread again because it's something that's forefront with me again, and also may be helpful to new members that don't know it is here.

I recently found an herbal sleep aid that seems to help, albeit, only slightly for me.
Gaia RapidRelief Sound Sleep.

It seemed to help me with falling asleep faster, but not so much with staying asleep.
I found it at the Vitamin Shoppe, but it's also available through Amazon, and at Gaia's website. It is kind of pricey, but may be a good alternative to scripted meds for some.
BUMP

Lots of the sleep talk could go in here and not be repetitive.
Bump...
I have had alot of success with the combination of melatonin, ZMA, and making sure to excercise. I have had chronic insomnia for years and this combination i believe is the best with the minimal amount of side effects
Pardon my ignorance, what is ZMA?