Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Tips for Insomnia
BUMP

Lots of the sleep talk could go in here and not be repetitive.
Bump...
I have had alot of success with the combination of melatonin, ZMA, and making sure to excercise. I have had chronic insomnia for years and this combination i believe is the best with the minimal amount of side effects
Pardon my ignorance, what is ZMA?
Ditto ^ never heard of it, so.....

I g00gled it:

“ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vitamin B6) is a supplement used primarily by athletes, gymnasts, and bodybuilders. It advertises itself as a 'recovery aid' that allegedly helps the body achieve deeper levels of REM sleep.”

Sounds interesting.

Good on you for bumping this thread Audrey, its a very good thread and we cant let it die.

After a lot of research I tried something recently, CBD - its one of the active ingredients found in C4nnab1s, however it contains none of the psychoactive stuff (T H C).
Anyway, it apparently / claims to / has many reviews saying it ... has an absolute plethora of benefits from pain relief, through anti anxiety to better sleep, and everything inbetween.
Its quite expensive over here (£25 for 25 jellies) so not financially viable (given each jelly was 10mg and it said “up to 10 per day”) 
It seems to be much more readily available, cheaper and possibly even a DIY (or GYO) option in the, US, for example.

Give it a g00gle “CBD” - Id definately say it eased pain I had and gave me a better quality sleep.
I had 10 over 48 hours (1/2 the max recommended dose) although said recommended dose differs hugely depending who you speak to / what you read.
(02-06-2018, 08:39 PM)iNsom Wrote: Ditto ^ never heard of it, so.....

I g00gled it:

“ZMA (Zinc Monomethionine Aspartate, Magnesium Aspartate and Vitamin B6) is a supplement used primarily by athletes, gymnasts, and bodybuilders. It advertises itself as a 'recovery aid' that allegedly helps the body achieve deeper levels of REM sleep.”

Sounds interesting.

Good on you for bumping this thread Audrey, its a very good thread and we cant let it die.

After a lot of research I tried something recently, CBD - its one of the active ingredients found in C4nnab1s, however it contains none of the psychoactive stuff (T H C).
Anyway, it apparently / claims to / has many reviews saying it ... has an absolute plethora of benefits from pain relief, through anti anxiety to better sleep, and everything inbetween.
Its quite expensive over here (£25 for 25 jellies) so not financially viable (given each jelly was 10mg and it said “up to 10 per day”) 
It seems to be much more readily available, cheaper and possibly even a DIY (or GYO) option in the, US, for example.

Give it a g00gle “CBD” - Id definately say it eased pain I had and gave me a better quality sleep.
I had 10 over 48 hours (1/2 the max recommended dose) although said recommended dose differs hugely depending who you speak to / what you read.

CBD, cannabanoids, are great for everything that you listed. Although yes it is expensive pretty much everywhere.
(05-08-2015, 02:53 AM)Audrey Hepburn Wrote: Ok so the insomnia tips seems to be a dud.  How about if you guys help me out with what you do in the middle of the night when you can't sleep.  TV is a God send, but can only do so much, same with reading.

try to avoid screens if at all possible as these wake us up even with a blue light filter on i find. reading a book is different matter all together and usually helps me.
Not sure if you're aware but we sleep in cycles of 20mins so try not to worry about not sleeping get out of bed go to a dimly lit room and read your book and try to enjoy your free relaxing time you'll know when your next 20 min window of opportunity is coming as you'll feel tired go back to bed relax and just as before try to remember that you close your eyes and you are still relaxing and recuperating for the next day and you should sleep.
also try to get rid of any lights in the room like tv LED and the alarm clock personally if i have anything like that it bugs the hell outta me and stops me from sleeping.
Avoid cardio work outs close to bed time that's a given no sleep for me also try to gradually get things into night mode turn off main lights leave just lamps on things like that oh and no coffee after 2pm.
These are my drug free ways of avoiding insomnia I have used sleepers in the past but i don't think that's the info  you're after.

cheers

(05-09-2015, 05:13 PM)Zander Wrote: There is no product, OTC or prescription that can keep an insomniac out longer than 2 hours... Lord knows, I've tried. There are things that will knock you out, but not keep you out. I've just learned to live with it. Honestly, I average 2 1/2  hours sleep a day... On the flip side, I have 21 1/2 hours a day to do what most have to do in 16 hours. =) Avoid long term use of OTCs such as Unisom, they will kill your kidneys. Also Unison is nothing more than Benadryl. A regular strength Unison has the exact same amount of the exact same active ingredient as in Benadryl, Diphenhydramine 25mg. Benadryl is an anti-allergy medication which used to be prescription. They found one of the side effects was extreme drowsiness. Once Benadryl became an OTC, Johnson & Johnson just put a different name on it, Unisom, and starting selling it for about 4 times the price of Benadryl. If you buy Unison, you'd be saving a lot of $$$ just buying the store brand generic Benadryl.

Try flubr0m@zol@m if you can find it it would keep an insomniac rhino out 12hrs!
Ohhhhh I need some of that. hmmmm
Working out can help with insomnia! Make sure you push yourself till exhaustion.
Since OP (Audrey) was asking for what to do in the middle of the night, and the quote feature is not working for me at the moment... I have two additional suggestions.

1) Masturbate. I'm not joking or trying to be crude. It helps.
2) Listen to an audiobook or podcast. You might not get much out of it as you doze off but it really does the trick for me sometimes.