Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Use GREAT care acquiring Alpr@z0lam!
I have noticed a number of threads making mention of this medication in specific, and it seems like it has an overall positive reputation and thus consistently high demand both here and abroad. 

Be very careful when acquiring this medication, especially since the last few months. I have it on pretty good authority (a source I use frequently which is somewhat expensive but has never caused me a single issue in any regard. Unfortunately it does not belong on the public part of this form, so I will have to wait to elaborate more specifically). At any rate I was informed via a mass email that there was a significant “shortage” of alprazolam in the UK and EU.

I took this to mean that the source in particular was having issues with their supplier, but on the off chance that it is a legitimate shortage throughout Western Europe, this would create added incentive for counterfeiters, whose current substitution of choice has terrifyingly been the dreaded F.

Regardless, due to its incredibly short onset of action and efficacy in controlling panic attacks/anxiety in general, alprazolam tends to be one of the more sought-after benz@s, leading to higher rates of counterfeiting. ESPECIALLY if it is “name brand”, even if you do not have a testing kit, examine them VERY closely, compared with the pictures, dimensions, markings, etc. cited on the OFFICIAL manufacturer’s website. A HUGE giveaway is if the tablets themselves appear “off-color”, appear to have eroded/dulled easily around the edges (not tightly “pressed”), and beyond all else, if upon close visual inspection you can make out different colored/sized substances within the tablet, with the exception of very few medications that are intended to have this “look”, a “speckled” or “non-uniform” color/composition is a sign of a (very poorly made) counterfeit. If in the form of sealed packs/boxes, check all the “offical” documentation and packaging - look for poor quality printing, misspellings, lack of warnings/offical contact info, as well as the batch/expiration dates that should either be stamped into each sealed sheet or somewhere on the cardboard packaging. 

Under no circumstances should you take even a tiny fraction of the tablet or “bar”, as if it contains F or some other really sketchy adulterant, that tiny dose could put you in the ER. I know how tempting it can be when you are suffering from a legitimate medical condition, and all you have to work with is something “unconfirmed” or “suspicious”, but please recognize that a trip to the local ER if you are that anxious/in need of alprazolam or a similar medication is ALWAYS worth playing it safe and not risking your life. Had a very close friend pass away from pretty much these exact circumstances (unconfirmed source, urgent, medical need for relief, took a gamble and it ended up being the dreaded F. Hospital was diagonally “across the street” in Toronto, took less than 5 minutes for EMts to arrive... and it was too late. 

If you really want to go the extra mile (just short of ordering a testing kit/sending a sample to a lab), you can call the phone# associated with the country of distribution and/or manufacture. Ask to speak to a representative and confirm that the serial numbers on the medication you received match up with relatively recent, “legitimate” batches. This is by no means a guarantee, as this information can be falsified just as easily as any other aspect of the product, however it is a detail that most people tend to overlook, and as such is less likely to be a concern for counterfeiters- as they will be relying on the fact that you do not want to call the “offical” distributor and give any personal information or context.

In reality this is simply due diligence on the part of the patient, and with the terrifying stories circulating the globe about fake/adulterated pharmaceutical medicines, one can NEVER be too careful. I don’t have much more to say regarding alprazolam as it offers me very little relief (Though I have very severe GAD, SAD, OCD, etc., I rarely, if even, experience acute panic attacks - they are more like day-long periods of severe rumination/anxiety) so I take/am far more familiar with the nuances of the  “long-acting” group of benzodiazepines, as they provide a more stable day-to-day plasma serum level.

I know it’s been said time and again, and I know it’s advice that’s easier to give than to take, & that I’m just a noob in regards to your community, but I have seen other communities (that I lived in) devastated by a single wave of “bad product”. BE SAFE!!!
Customs and police are VERY aware of the F problem spreading from the USA to UK. For someone pressing bars it would be a lot harder to get F into the UK than alprazolam powder (or a research chemical with similar effects). It is so potent that it is dangerous to those doing the pressing - they could literally kill themselves at the mixing stage.

From the perspective of those doing the pressing and vending, if F caused someone to die in the UK the police would throw everything at it to get to the source. You can bet everyone involved would spend much more time in prison for F, than if they'd just used a research chemical. So for them it doesn't make sense to use F in bars.

I agree with you about testing just in case. Test kits for F work out about £1 each from ebay. It is a very small price to pay for an extra layer of safety, especially since few bars on the UK blackmarket are real. The NHS doesn't prescribe xanax, so it is relatively rare unless people have gone to a private doctor, so the real thing is pretty rare in the UK.
That’s somewhat relieving, but honestly I’m more concerned about larger “operations”, based in lesser regulated parts of Asia (where they can synthesize the F in mass quantities), as well as have the industrial infrastructure necessary to create convincing counterfeit packaging/tablets en masse without necessarily being exposed to the deadly fine powders/vapors, as well as producing tablets that can look extremely “clean” and in some cases conform almost exactly to the dimensions of the genuine article.

It’s the fundamental corruption & lack of regulation outside of North America & Western Europe that are causing such “high quality” facsimiles to flood the markets... I don’t believe they MEAN to kill their customers, they are just careless, ignorant, or altogether indifferent, and the disturbing result is that some (probably the vast majority) end up basically being chalk, while others might as well contain cyanide. What’s also bad is that said countries tend not to be very cooperative with international extradition, so while the “middle men” and local distributors may face close to a lifetime in prison if caught (especially to “make an example of” in the current climate), those truly responsible for large scale production tend to stay within their counties of origin, making them difficult to pin down Sad

That is a very interesting point to know, though - I was unaware that the NHS doesn’t endorse/pay for alprazolam prescriptions, no wonder it is always such a “hot topic” with so many fakes coming from that region. Glad it is not a medication that I rely on or favor for my types of anxiety.
I think the Asian operators are more inclined to use research chemicals - if you can manufacture F, you can certainly make Flualprazolam. I've given that as an example because it is a research chemical that has very similar effects to real xanax, but is stronger so they don't need to add so much to the mix. Flualprazolam is also cheaper than F, which is helpful to those who need to smuggle it into their country. That said, in most countries flualprazolam is legal, so that's another reason not to put the dreaded F into bars.

I'm not saying F will never end up in a bar of xanax, but I think it would be quite an amateur operation. There are so many research chemicals that are available, legal in many countries, easier to source, and cheaper to buy. All round it is less risk for the operators to avoid F.

However none of that changes my advice to test for F to be safe! Although I agree with you totally that these operations don't set out trying to kill their customers - that would be an insane business move! If F ends up in some bars, it might well be accidental contamination or a mix up (mistaking one white powder for another). I don't really see it happening on purpose. That's not because the operators are being nice, more to do with their own profit margins and legal risk.
(09-15-2019, 02:17 PM)barq- Wrote: I think the Asian operators are more inclined to use research chemicals - if you can manufacture F, you can certainly make Flualprazolam. I've given that as an example because it is a research chemical that has very similar effects to real xanax, but is stronger so they don't need to add so much to the mix. Flualprazolam is also cheaper than F, which is helpful to those who need to smuggle it into their country. That said, in most countries flualprazolam is legal, so that's another reason not to put the dreaded F into bars.

I'm not saying F will never end up in a bar of xanax, but I think it would be quite an amateur operation. There are so many research chemicals that are available, legal in many countries, easier to source, and cheaper to buy. All round it is less risk for the operators to avoid F.

However none of that changes my advice to test for F to be safe! Although I agree with you totally that these operations don't set out trying to kill their customers - that would be an insane business move! If F ends up in some bars, it might well be accidental contamination or a mix up (mistaking one white powder for another). I don't really see it happening on purpose. That's not because the operators are being nice, more to do with their own profit margins and legal risk.

With all this paranoia about F being out there especially in the illicit market,I can't imagine that people would be compressing it into tabs and passing it off as Xanax.
All the F is coming from China and there's real pressure on them from the US and Western Europe to stop it. The profit they are making on it can't be worth it.
They also want to improve their image, so they can have some claim to respect the rule of law and the value of human life.
Of course you always should be careful but I don't think this is a real risk.
Being kind to others costs nothing and enriches your life, 
never forget how you felt when someone was once cruel to you,
we all have felt unloved at one time or another we should never want another to feel that way. Smile
(09-16-2019, 03:02 AM)Tigertail58 Wrote: With all this paranoia about F being out there especially in the illicit market,I can't imagine that people would be compressing it into tabs and passing it off as Xanax.
All the F is coming from China and there's real pressure on them from the US and Western Europe to stop it.  The profit they are making on it can't be worth it.
They also want to improve their image, so they can have some claim to respect the rule of law and the value of human life.
Of course you always should be careful but I don't think this is a real risk.

Agreed - this is certainly another reason F is less likely to intentionally end up in the meds we were discussing. I suppose there is a risk of cross contamination if F were being used to make something else at the same press. Big pharma mess up, but they can recall meds through a retail chain, and obviously we have no equivalent.

The other reason I recommend testing is that mistakes happen... the wrong white powder goes in. I've heard the occasional story of an IOP or research chemical vendor sending the wrong thing, which if it doesn't have distinct marks/colours could be very bad...

For those in the UK there is the Wedinos project. It is technically Wales, but they'll test samples from the other bits of GB (on the assumption they are gathering data on trends). That's a free anonymous test in a university lab, in exchange for filling out their form and mailing it to them. For those in other countries whose choices are limited or expensive, I suggest you get the cheap test kits mentioned above and test for a) what you want it to be (e.g. tests +ve for being a benzo), and b) another second test for what you don't want (e.g. a -ve test for F) and whilst not perfect it reduces the probability of unhappy outcomes.
Stay safe my friends!
My personal view on this topic is based on documentaries showing fake versace and other handbags also very well made watches and perfect counterfeit meds including packaging that brick and mortar pharmacies have been busted for selling.

Anything that makes money can and will be manufactured-be careful people.