Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashamed of myself.. previous post was from me completing rehab and doing well.
(04-27-2021, 04:34 PM)Traygold Wrote: Nameless,
Please don't be so hard on yourself.  What you are going through is one of the hardest things you will deal with in your life.  You sound like you have a clear vision of what you want for your future.  No matter what, keep that vision clear.
It doesn't matter who you are or what you do, people mess up.  It happens.  The only thing you can do is go forward and do your best to do better.

Years ago I read something that has always stuck with me because it is so true.  Guilt and shame are the most useless emotions that there are because there isn't anything you can do except go forward and try to not do anything to make yourself feel extreme guilt and shame again.  This stuck with me because it is so true, and I was ALWAYS feeling guilty about small, medium, big things...everything.  

The fact that you have insight into what's going on with you makes me believe you can beat this and do whatever it is you want to do.  Good luck to you, and we are always here to help support you.

It's so true and I 100% agree with you because all I can do is think positive and move forward. I'm just hard on myself and I need to quit it, cause having a "pity party" won't get me anywhere (been there done that). I got bloodwork done and what came back is high levels of hemoglobin which is also why my heart is wonky.  Rehab prescribed me 450 mg of lyrica a day so that also messed me up when I stopped it. Currently I'm taking 150 mg lyrica twice daily as an anticonvulsant, clonidine for the rapid heart and sometimes Diaz. At night. Not trying to abuse GABA-ergics ever again. Gonna follow up with my family doctor.  Thank you for your advice and reply. Super appreciate it. Hope you're doing well amongst this chaos of an epidemic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ashamed of myself.. previous post was from me completing rehab and doing well. - by Nameless - 04-27-2021, 06:19 PM