Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MAOIs
(02-05-2019, 11:13 PM)Charon Wrote: Man, i dont have a PDR now.  I miss it.

They had no clue of any side effects when i was started on it.  a few cough cough years ago.

occasional unconsciousness is to be expected?  isn't that special?

no one said to taper. Or to watch foods.

And the vast majority of young people in those days would see a psych because they were major league depressed.  With life.  With others.  Good idea to give them a med that encourages suicide.

You sure about this?

If you feel that suicide is the only way out, then i may check out that med.  But, its like snake oil, the way it was introduced.  

I kept journals.  And i studied psychiatry cuz to be a psych was my original dream.  Until my elder sister vivisected a baby pig in medical school.  So that day i chose to be a doctor of law, as was me father.

The journals help.  Add music and poetry and write them in code. And read how a psych should be talking to u to help u with ur issues.

My psych was on TV a couple yrs ago.  He is a drug expert now.  Ha.  He wanted me to do some very bad things.  To prove I am not a christian.  If i had told my dr. sister, she would have had his license.  The idiotic scripting of meds he knew nothing about that helped keep me in fight or flight mode, that was the icing on the cake.

Feel better.  I remember you from other forums, nick.

Thanks so much for your reply Charon, sounds like such an awful experience you had. 

I have decided to stick with moclobemide (a RIMA, reversible MAOI) because you don't have the same dietary requirements. It won't work as well for the symptoms but it doesn't have as many sides. 

As for an update on my life in general, I've been pretty much off benzos since October (no reason to guess why). I have re-enrolled to finish law school this year. Hopefully things are on the up for me.

Messages In This Thread
MAOIs - by nick222 - 02-05-2019, 12:06 AM
RE: MAOIs - by folken - 02-05-2019, 08:28 PM
RE: MAOIs - by Charon - 02-05-2019, 10:53 PM
RE: MAOIs - by Charon - 02-05-2019, 11:02 PM
RE: MAOIs - by Charon - 02-05-2019, 11:13 PM
RE: MAOIs - by nick222 - 02-11-2019, 08:34 AM