Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst Anxiety Symptoms Ever Experienced
Hi FormerLurker,

Had a scarey attack in Target as well, no idea why day was normal, felt great. I was by myself in the clothing section then rapid heartbeat, hard to breath, severe vertigo, The usual. Not good times to say the least. Think more in early times I used alcohol to slow or stop attacks with great success. But several occasions found myself suffering immensly, sitting is a room gulping down a 40oz or 2 in attempt of symptoms subsiding. I'd have to get pretty drunk at times for relief but sometimes the 'drink anxiety away' routine would go on for days and I'd finally have go to the ER as alcohol had no more effect. The issue was mainly at night so I could pull a 10-12 hr shift the next day BUT land on square one after work, sitting in that room. Soooo dreadful. A benzo would've prevented so much suffering many times in my life.

I quit alcohol cold April 16th 2005. Was a decision 5 years in the making. It's a very long story, more than I could ever type in a post and just thinking about how I pulled it off brings up some animosity towards alcohol and the the time it took from me. Luckily I don't have much to regret being an ex drinker. People used to ask why I quit, they never thought I had a problem with it and I was always the mello, cool guy--Fortunately. Really lucked out in that aspect thinking about it now.

But I'll tell ya, speaking of finest hours, alcoholic or whatever you classify your drinking level at. Using known effective tools at your disposal, alcohol or other-- whatever stops the suffering of severe anxiety, even for a few hours. I see no shame in that, what-so-ever.

Take care

Messages In This Thread
RE: Worst Anxiety Symptoms Ever Experienced - by Mr. HIND - 08-23-2018, 05:32 AM