Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spectrometer (or other) for identifying pills?
Has anyone tried a consumer grade spectrometer for identifying pill composition, or have any knowledge in that field?

The reason I ask is because I'm extremely dubious that the pills that were sent to me are what they claim to be.  I've questioned the vendor and, while quick to respond, he or she has made far too many weird and suspect statements.  They include things like:

- I believe the ___ to be the real thing
- I've tested these myself and I can assure you they are indeed ___
- It may take time for your body to adjust to different brands of the same medication
- The large size of the pill is what's causing your upset stomach.  (pill in question is notorious for opposite effect)

I know what the real thing feels like, having had a valid US prescription last year.  This is not it.

He'd be better off not saying anything at all because these are ridiculous statements coming from someone who has these available to purchase by the thousands.  I feel like if he had full transparency and confidence in the product he would have much better assurances than that.

So anyway, I'd like to take control of the situation and have them tested myself, or purchase a device than can do it.  There are a couple reasonably priced spectrometer devices that pair with your phone that claim to be able to identify pills.  Or do you think I'd be be better off with a chemical testing kit of some kind?  Item in question is per-cassette. Smile

Looking to you fine people for guidance.  Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Spectrometer (or other) for identifying pills? - by Zobra - 02-09-2018, 05:01 PM