Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A change of direction
[POST IV FOR THE 24-HOUR PERIOD BEGINNING 10:15 AM EST - FINAL POST FOR 11/28/2017]

As I've stated on more than one occasion already, I find this community to be not only a wealth of knowledge and experience, but a warm and welcoming group of people who share their experiences to the betterment of all.  As a man with not much to offer in the way of pharmacological knowledge or experience, I have only my own trials and travails with benz@ withdrawals and the seizures resulting from them to discuss - I hope to have sooner, rather than later some first-hand suggestions for easing those difficulties while remaining in bounds of the rules of the forum.

With that in mind, I'll update as often as possible with any research I come across or treatments I may be offered, with the intent of perhaps easing the very unpleasant process of withdrawal for others suffering it, whether tapered or forced cold turkey.  My own search for medication to both ease, and hopefully end the seizures (which are now clinically demonstrated not to be caused by epilepsy) and other near unbearable withdrawal symptoms is at an end, not through the graces of any traditional medical provider (although the provider is a board certified and licensed physician) or provider offered here, and certainly not in a manner I'll discuss on the open forum or via PM.

It may, then, take many weeks to garner fifty posts...But the posts I do put up will be long form writing, and no longer anecdotal, but well-researched and I hope useful to others who have or are walking in my shoes.  I seem, quite by accident, to have met an individual with a great deal of experience in treating exactly the symptoms so many of us suffer from, and I hope to learn a great deal from this new acquaintance, and to share what I learn with you.

Once again I thank you all for your support and encouragement as I walked the dark road of uncertainty and occasional despair, and I promise you I will only relate information that both abides by the rules of the forum and proves effective, I would not dream of suggesting treatment methods that do not work for me.
A tree is known by its fruit; a man by his deeds. A good deed is never lost; he who sows courtesy reaps friendship, and he who plants kindness gathers love.

-- Saint Basil

Messages In This Thread
A change of direction - by OldBoy - 11-29-2017, 03:01 AM