Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pregabalin (Lyrica)
(11-05-2017, 06:46 PM)invisiblejungle Wrote: I agree that the media always blows things out of proportion, but I do have concerns regarding the gabapentinoids being over-prescribed (pregabalin, gabapentin, phenibut). I have experience with all 3 of these compounds, and I can definitely say that there is potential for physical addiction. They reduce glutamate and increase GABA by blocking voltage-gated calcium channels, and anything GABAergic can cause physical ddiction.

For some people, withdrawal from the gabapentinoids can be worse than withdrawal from benzos.

I guess GABA it'self fall under the same categories? Also as you have experience alll theses, how do they compare to each other?

I know pregabalin is the strongest mg per mg. I remember dosages for GABA it'self can rage from 750mg all the way to 10g for (definetly off label) treatment for anxiety.  Certainly I remember in the past gradually dosing 10g gaba for social anxiety and it did work though that amount can not be good for the kidneys and I did not use it more than abouit once or twice but one dosage would provide anxiolytic effects for up to 48 hours. Either way having a small amount of benzos achieve better effects with less strain on the body.

Basically I was asking if any of these show physical symptoms of addiction. I realise from personal experience from being prescribed benzos for anxiety that comming off them can be difficult but found it is more mental anguish than the sweats, flu like symptoms and physical discomfort propertedly experienced when coming off even a short but strong. prescription of PKs.  

I do find it is ironic that they are classing prelagabin  Class C whilst GABA and phenibut are stil freely sold as supplements despite the Psycoactive substance bill which passed last year effectively banning anything which has a stimulant or depressive CNS effect. 

Personally I have tried all but at varying stages of my life when I was experiencing different mental afflictions. Phenibut and GABA are surprislingly effective for supplements, gabapentin was less anxiolytic for me than pregabalin which provides good anxiolytic effects without the mental cloud often assiciated with benzos. Also prelagabin gives the most amazing sleep so I find it much more preferable than Z drugs for insomnia. The trouble is in this country the policy is to prescribe anti-depressants before anything else, which while definitely useful in some cases, I prefer to stay away from as my affliction severity vary from week to week. Some days I can be calm and have a good sleep whilst other I suffer panic attacks, gneralised anxiety disorder and significant insomnia. I therefore prefer short acting medicines which can be taken when needed. 

Apologies for my spelling, I have a minor form of dyslexia which isn't helped by the ineffective spell check on this site.

Messages In This Thread
pregabalin (Lyrica) - by Pliko - 11-04-2017, 05:19 PM
RE: Prelagabin - by invisiblejungle - 11-05-2017, 06:46 PM
RE: Prelagabin - by Pliko - 11-08-2017, 08:12 PM
RE: Prelagabin - by invisiblejungle - 11-09-2017, 05:33 PM
RE: pregabalin (Lyrica) - by barq2 - 11-09-2017, 10:10 PM
RE: pregabalin (Lyrica) - by Pliko - 11-10-2017, 10:04 PM
RE: pregabalin (Lyrica) - by barq2 - 11-13-2017, 02:58 PM
RE: pregabalin (Lyrica) - by invisiblejungle - 11-14-2017, 12:56 AM
RE: pregabalin (Lyrica) - by TeknoFunk - 11-11-2017, 06:33 AM
Pregablin - by Sunglassesron - 11-06-2017, 04:53 PM
RE: Pregablin - by Charon - 11-06-2017, 05:06 PM