Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SAD - Seasonal affective disorder - A place to share ideas and tips to get thru it...
(12-31-2017, 04:57 AM)coffeedude22 Wrote: For me, the light boxes do seem to work.  I'm not even sure why, I put a lot of stock in the power of placebo.  If you think something may work, sometimes it just clicks something off in your brain.  I brought mine almost a decade ago and it still works just as good.

Sometimes the first month is the hardest.  Mentally, we'll soon be at the point where the days start getting longer.  At least that's what I try to fake my brain into thinking Smile
Dude, great point about the placebo effect, IMO. Nothing stronger than a persons own mind when it really believes something. I do the same thing with repeating to myself that the longer days are coming. I also hit my mind with as many hard facts as I can on the subject. I have a poster of 'sunrise/sunset times" on my wall. I replace it every year with the latest one. Even though the days are growing every so slowly longer right now (about 1 minute per day), I am psyched over that fact. It gives my mind the impression that we are heading toward the light at the end of the tunnel. Regards, RM

Messages In This Thread
RE: SAD - Seasonal affective disorder - A place to share ideas and tips to get thru it... - by Rafterman - 12-31-2017, 11:26 AM