Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Days when it is difficult to move? lazy? or depressed?
(01-30-2018, 03:21 AM)Maladie Wrote: Hey Yellow Dog,
Just wanted to say I've been thru periods like that... fortunately now it's a little better. For about 2 years ... especially the last half... I would spend days in bed, couldn't get up to do even the things I enjoyed...  Planned sorting my affairs a few times, ect. It was really hard and really shit. The thing that changed it for me was cutting out (down) on the alcohol... Cuz I really was self medicating after a failed marriage and my family being complete douche canoes. Like, it sucked. It still sucks, but I figure if I'm stuck here for now, I may as well try to make it a little less miserable. Again, it's really hard cuz along with my predisposition to depression, I'm on methadone (130mg/day) and it kills my energy and my sex drive. Working out 4x per week and trying to eat a balanced, vegetarian diet helps me too, tho. Anyway, best of luck to you, I'm here to talk about whatever... Props to you for being honest about it, too... I've been pretty massively embarrassed about my condition too, but really, I guess we shouldn't be.. it's a medical condition putting us in the situation not like it's our choice ?
So true what you say about the stigma, Maladie. The brain in simply one of many organs in the body. No one is embarrassed to have a heart problem or kidney trouble, etc. I think that the stigma has softened a bit throughout the last few decades, but will always exist. So many people have now experienced anxiety, depression and other mood regulation disorders that many have have come to see for themselves that a person who is experiening these things is a victim. No different than a person who has cancer or any other malady. I wish that 100% of people understood that.  RM

Messages In This Thread
RE: Days when it is difficult to move? lazy? or depressed? - by Rafterman - 01-31-2018, 01:24 AM