Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Google will print every question on meds u ask
(09-12-2016, 05:23 PM)Charon Wrote: This just happened today.  A new member posted a question in Who's Got It?  He/she mentioned a particular medicine.  The next poster informed him/her that if one searches google, right now, with the exact med she/he was seeking, that his/her post showed up as first hit on google.  At our forum.  Aye Carumba.

See, google search engine is not our friend since we went public a couple months ago.

This is why I beg you all to get in your fifty posts in ON TOPic areas and PM me or another member.

PLEASE LEARN FROM THIS. WHATEVER YOU POST, IT WILL MAKE GOOGLE. AND, ON AND ON AND ON.

TALK THRU PM'S AND EMAILS FOR THE SAFETY OF MEMBERS, FORUM, VENDORS.

L E HAS QUITE ENUFF INFO NOW FROM STUPID ASS FORUMS LIKE DBG AND TTM.

LET US GIVE THEM NOTHING WE DON'T WANT THE ENTIRE WORLD TO SEE.

Your PMs and emails are never available to google.  Nor to us.  This is why we have private areas for those over fifty posts.  To avoid google searches.  Unknown "guests."  

Whatever you post on the internet, it will be there later.

We have quite a few new people of late.  Keep your identity safe and only post what you are comfortable with others reading  on google.

(And, that is why the senior and pioneer members talk in cryptic fashions to newbies.  Or use PM and email.  Be safe, guys.)
Thanks for the reminder. I too forget how invasive Google and facebook has gotten. It reminds me of Look, Time and magazines like that. Prior to digital and these publishers sold their subscriber list and next you know you got the "original spam or junk mail". I try to really watch who has access to my emails. You have to these days for safety..The age and knowledge of your average user is so much greater then it was. We have to look for virus and malware. Since we all talk to and  gather as a group I feel safer sharing my experiences and looking to others and ask their opinions

Thanks Eddie

Messages In This Thread
RE: Google will print every question on meds u ask - by esbayne - 03-24-2018, 09:29 PM