Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
5 common signs of depression that a counselor will probably never ask you about
(01-11-2018, 02:14 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: Great Post Naomi, I to, years ago would always have a couple beers as my anti-anxiety med and it gradually grew to 15 or so every night after work. Still an alcoholic but down to 6-8 a day, it's a start anyway! Med's are much kinder to a person than alcohol, but it is a hard habit to break, and Hat's Off to you for doing so! Best Wishes-FF

Progress is progress. That's a win in my book. You're trying and you care about your well-being. Keep doing what you're doing. The journey tends to be long, but so worth it. Stay well!
(01-19-2018, 06:04 AM)Naomi Wrote:
(01-11-2018, 02:14 AM)fishfarmer Wrote: Great Post Naomi, I to, years ago would always have a couple beers as my anti-anxiety med and it gradually grew to 15 or so every night after work. Still an alcoholic but down to 6-8 a day, it's a start anyway! Med's are much kinder to a person than alcohol, but it is a hard habit to break, and Hat's Off to you for doing so! Best Wishes-FF

Progress is progress. That's a win in my book. You're trying and you care about your well-being. Keep doing what you're doing. The journey tends to be long, but so worth it. Stay well!
Hear, hear! Well said.
I am about to post another thread, listing an additional 5 signs of depression that your counselor will probably never ask you about. Forgive me, but I posted this sentence or two so this thread will move back up and can be side by side with the new one for a few days. RM
Yes indeed. I can relate to all 5 of these but at different times. The hard part is breaking the habits 1 by 1 instead of tackling it all at once and losing. Thanks Rafterman, awesome post.
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
(02-20-2018, 10:16 PM)horsies Wrote: Yes indeed.  I can relate to all 5 of these but at different times.  The hard part is breaking the habits 1 by 1 instead of tackling it all at once and losing.  Thanks Rafterman, awesome post.

Thanks, horsies. I appreciate you taking a look and also appreciate your comments!  Did you happen to take a look at the thread I put up a couple of days with 5 additional signs of depression? I think that many people are thinking it's the same thread as the one that you commented on because the titles are so similar. In any event, thank you, again.   RM
(02-20-2018, 10:16 PM)horsies Wrote: Yes indeed.  I can relate to all 5 of these but at different times.  The hard part is breaking the habits 1 by 1 instead of tackling it all at once and losing.  Thanks Rafterman, awesome post.
You nailed it. Creating new behaviors is so difficult. That's where I struggle. I know I need to do it, I have good intentions and then it falls apart. I revert back to my old ways. I wish I could have someone to hold me accountable without judgement. Like a pocket sized therapist, haha.
(02-23-2018, 03:36 AM)Naomi Wrote:
You nailed it. Creating new behaviors is so difficult. That's where I struggle. I know I need to do it, I have good intentions and then it falls apart. I revert back to my old ways. I wish I could have someone to hold me accountable without judgement. Like a pocket sized therapist, haha.

I find it easier to replace them with healthier ones honestly. Whether it is exercise of some sort of just a hobby. You know the "idle hands". They actually have an app that lets you do therapy any time of day on your phone, f2f. Though I'm not sure of the name, I could find it.
"It is much more important to know what sort of a patient has a disease than what sort of a disease a patient has."  -William Olser
(02-23-2018, 09:16 PM)horsies Wrote:
(02-23-2018, 03:36 AM)Naomi Wrote:

I find it easier to replace them with healthier ones honestly.  Whether it is exercise of some sort of just a hobby.  You know the "idle hands".  They actually have an app that lets you do therapy any time of day on your phone, f2f.   Though I'm not sure of the name, I could find it.

I'm definitely interested in that app if you find it.