Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NJ moving toward legalisation
NJ has one of the most stringent MM laws on the books. As soon as the admin changes it should be fully legal in the garden state. Apropos Big Grin
"Man is a universe within himself" Bob Marley
I lived in Jersey for 50 years before moving south. Change sometimes happens very slowly there, but sometimes as fast as a bolt of lightening.  The chief sponsor of the bill says that a realistic time-line for passage is 9 month's to 2 years. We shall see.
July 2018 it will be legal in MN for medical reasons.  This is great news for people I know who desperately need it.  Happy for them!  Heart
Me, too. Mikka. I really think that NJ will be next. They are now talking about the lower end of the original estimate...maybe less than 1 year. It really depends on how the NJ public receives the proposal to legalize. In any event, if it does go through I pray that numbskulls who tend to abuse such laws will keep the abuse to a minimum before the ruin it for the truly needy. RM
(01-01-2018, 02:28 PM)Rafterman Wrote: Me, too. Mikka. I really think that NJ will be next. They are now talking about the lower end of the original estimate...maybe less than 1 year. It really depends on how the NJ public receives the proposal to legalize. In any event, if it does go through I pray that numbskulls who tend to abuse such laws will keep the abuse to a minimum before the ruin it for the truly needy. RM

I think eventually you guys will be legal, like you said ..the concept of med MJ is proven to be amazingly
helpful for people who need it like my husband. Crossing my fingers for ya!
Mikka ~   Wink
(01-02-2018, 01:32 PM)Mikka Wrote:
(01-01-2018, 02:28 PM)Rafterman Wrote: Me, too. Mikka. I really think that NJ will be next. They are now talking about the lower end of the original estimate...maybe less than 1 year. It really depends on how the NJ public receives the proposal to legalize. In any event, if it does go through I pray that numbskulls who tend to abuse such laws will keep the abuse to a minimum before the ruin it for the truly needy. RM

I think eventually you guys will be legal, like you said ..the concept of med MJ is proven to be amazingly
Mikka ~   Wink

I agree with you Mikka and Rafterman. NJ's next! 2018's the year! Actually, it seems that MJ always gets lumped in with "law and order" rhetoric, but perhaps like you all were saying, folks' health needs will supercede the perception of MJ as "criminal behavior." I keep sending out the good energy...hope it's working  Smile
(01-03-2018, 06:03 PM)Blockhead59 Wrote:
(01-02-2018, 01:32 PM)Mikka Wrote:

Mikka ~   Wink

I agree with you Mikka and Rafterman. NJ's next! 2018's the year! Actually, it seems that MJ always gets lumped in with "law and order" rhetoric, but perhaps like you all were saying, folks' health needs will supercede the perception of MJ as "criminal behavior." I keep sending out the good energy...hope it's working  Smile
I know that this isn't a proper post, but you are a cool person, BH. You too, Mikka. Two of my favorite people on here. Here's to NJ being next, and to us. lol
Did most of this have to do with the new Governor being elected?  I know under Christie everything was pretty stringent.  I've never had too many strong opinions on the topic in the past but i believe it's better in the long run if people who have serious pain and other illnesses can find some relief.
Hi coffeedude22,

Not to steal Rafterman's thunder, bc I think he's more knowledgeable on this than I am; but, from what I understand,
since 2017 or even a bit earlier several medical marijuana dispensaries were given permission to grow medicinal MJ by the NJ DofH. And yes, Gov Christie was not a proponent.

Gov Murphy ran on legalizing medical MJ AND recreational MJ during early stages of his term and legislators seem good-to-go on the campaign promise. Despite the health-benefit side progressing pretty much as planned or better, the recreational side has hit more friction. To legalize or not. How high to tax the recreational so as not to outprice consumers' willing pockets vs. creating another parallel black market industry. But, I'm not sure where that's at.

Don't know if this answered your question, but I briefly tried. lol
(01-04-2018, 06:02 AM)Blockhead59 Wrote: Hi coffeedude22,

Not to steal Rafterman's thunder, bc I think he's more knowledgeable on this than I am; but, from what I understand,
since 2017 or even a bit earlier several medical marijuana dispensaries were given permission to grow medicinal MJ by the NJ DofH. And yes, Gov Christie was not a proponent.

Gov Murphy ran on legalizing medical MJ AND recreational MJ during early stages of his term and legislators seem good-to-go on the campaign promise. Despite the health-benefit side progressing pretty much as planned or better, the recreational side has hit more friction. To legalize or not. How high to tax the recreational so as not to outprice consumers' willing pockets vs. creating another parallel black market industry. But, I'm not sure where that's at.

Don't know if this answered your question, but I briefly tried. lol
Wow, you have it down to the letter, BH. (+1) Not only precise and up to date info, but I dig your overall assessment, as well.  I appreciate Murphy's efforts. It takes some political courage by him because, although Jersey has become more liberal over the past few decades, there are still plenty who will not support him in this effort. Now, if he can only do something about the 8k I pay in property taxes on my fairly small house! lol.  Have a good day.  RM