Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Energy/ADD like supplements or meds
I have chronic fatigue and ADD (no hyperactivity).  I can get a script for meds for ADD, the one everyone likes, and it works pretty well for both issues but it's just a pain because my Dr makes me go in very frequently and I have a large deductible and my prescription insurance doesn't cover a lot either.  I tend to go big periods without anything because of that. I am big into supplements etc and have been using kratom for a couple of years, mostly for pain but also some for energy, it just doesn't help enough with that. I'm looking into something along the supplement area, maybe nootropic like piracetam? to help with energy mostly. If I get the energy boost that seems to help my focus enough. I tried modafinil once, at a small dosage and it didn't seem to help much but I don't think that's really what it is designed for anyway.  My fatigue is crushing most days, I'd never do anything without a lot of help. Any ideas?
Hello Lisaislosingit wellcome here. I guess you can use something legit like armodafinil because you get rapid levels and higher peack plasma concentrations and you can try guarana in crystal pure form. It is a coffe like seed but it is powerful even if it is all natural source. I compare it with rit@lin in high doses and there are really no side effects . You can find it is very easy in natural products sites on the net.
(12-09-2016, 08:38 PM)nickolyko Wrote: Hello Lisaislosingit wellcome here. I guess you can use something legit like armodafinil because you get rapid levels and higher peack plasma concentrations and you can try guarana in crystal pure form. It is a coffe like seed but it is powerful even if it is all natural source. I compare it with rit@lin in high doses and there are really no side effects . You can find it is very easy in natural products sites on the net.

Armodafinil is like moda correct? But it is absorbed differently is that what you are saying? So someone might get better effects? I've heard of guarana certainly and seem it in combinations in a lot of products but not heard of our in crystal by itself. I'll look around, thanks.
(12-10-2016, 01:04 AM)Lisaislosingit Wrote:
(12-09-2016, 08:38 PM)nickolyko Wrote: Hello Lisaislosingit wellcome here. I guess you can use something legit like armodafinil because you get rapid levels and higher peack plasma concentrations and you can try guarana in crystal pure form. It is a coffe like seed but it is powerful even if it is all natural source. I compare it with rit@lin in high doses and there are really no side effects . You can find it is very easy in natural products sites on the net.

Armodafinil is like moda correct? But it is absorbed differently is that what you are saying? So someone might get better effects? I've heard of guarana certainly and seem it in combinations in a lot of products but not heard of our in crystal by itself. I'll look around, thanks.

Moda is half armoda already. Kind of like how adderall is a racemic mixture of levo and dextro isomers, moda is a mixture of two isomers. Armoda is just one of them alone. Armoda the the isomer with a 14 hour half-life. Armoda's mirror-image molecule (the other isomer comprising 50% of moda) has a half life of 4 hours. This would make me think that armoda has the long duration effects of moda but not the immediate shot term effects.
haha sorry for the confusing rant. I haven't taken moda, so can't help there.

I just meant that everyone who has tried moda has tried amoda. If you take a 100mg moda pill, 50mg of those 100mg are amoda.

And I was trying to make an analogy about molecular structures: adderall is to dexedrine as provigil is to nuvigil.
Yeah I'm pretty interested in this thread as well because I suffer from both chronic fatigue and ADD.  I take Concerta to help with My ÀDD and also my fatigue. It'also part of my work I'm journeyman carpenter so it takes a toll. I tried modafinil and it seemed to made me more tired. I think I will try Phentermine or some sort of diet pill just to bring my energy levels back to normal.

Wow modafinal keeps me going for 22-16hrs (2oom)
(12-11-2016, 03:59 PM)Sal Paradise Wrote:
(12-11-2016, 01:16 AM)Lisaislosingit Wrote: You blinded me with science there Sal! ???

I guess I'd really like to hear from people who have tried both kinds and have an opinion on Oh their effects.

haha sorry for the confusing rant. I haven't taken moda, so can't help there.

I just meant that everyone who has tried moda has tried amoda. If you take a 100mg moda pill, 50mg of those 100mg are amoda.

And I was trying to make an analogy about molecular structures: adderall is to dexedrine as provigil is to nuvigil.

Oh I get it now. So I'm guessing though there's no real way to know which is better for a person other than to just try both? Are there certain situations or parameters where a doc would prefer to prescribe one over the other?

(12-11-2016, 04:09 PM)bry686 Wrote: Yeah I'm pretty interested in this thread as well because I suffer from both chronic fatigue and ADD.  I take Concerta to help with My ÀDD and also my fatigue. It'also part of my work I'm journeyman carpenter so it takes a toll. I tried modafinil and it seemed to made me more tired. I think I will try Phentermine or some sort of diet pill just to bring my energy levels back to normal.

Bry, is Concerta a ritalin med? Have you tried both adderall and ritalin and if so did you have a preference? I was prescribed adderall first and never tried anything else.  Except the longer acting vyvanse which I actually really liked but got expensive.  I had a coupon deal good for a lot off the first 12 fills but then it was too pricey. 

I too consider things like phen for this purpose.  My job is fairly active too, not quite as much as yours but enough that I can't be fatigued all day. It certainly can be tough trying to drag yourself through your daily tasks when you are just so exhausted.
(02-08-2017, 08:35 PM)Costro77 Wrote: The problem is, I think, the body has limited energy supply. And with any stims you are draining your levels lower and lower. And without sufficient rest, exhaustion comes in a while. Stimulants are not a sustainable way of living with fatigue

This is a great way to explain what seems to be a cycle when taking stimulants over long periods of time. Initially, you get loads of energy and focus, then after a month or so, you feel as though it's losing it's effect. Unfortunately, it becomes a catch-22 type of situation. But, what can you do when you feel as though any bit of relief is better than no relief at all?!  Sad Personally, my belief, is that in an effort to not build up a tolerance to any one stimulant, it does help to try different versions and dosages. Lastly, oftentimes, a combination of said medications can help you reach that "sweet spot."  Tongue As you've stated, though, proper rest is the most important thing when taking stimulants, which almost seems like an oxymoron. Hence, the catch-22 thing.
I've been a big fan of Strattera (Atomoxetine), which is a non-stimulant alternative for ADD/ADHD. Sometimes I do a lower does of Modofinal and a lower does of Strattera. The two work well together.