Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operational security
Been doing quite a bit of reading and research and was wondering if anyone here has experience with NordVPN??? Was hoping to get some feedback before I commit.

Any feedback would be great as I been out of the game too long and gotta get my security up to par...

Peace All
"Another Day In This Carnival Of Souls"
(04-07-2017, 10:04 PM)Furyan66 Wrote: Been doing quite a bit of reading and research and was wondering if anyone here has experience with NordVPN??? Was hoping to get some feedback before I commit.

Any feedback would be great as I been out of the game too long and gotta get my security up to par...

Peace All

I have not used it before, but if you do a search on NordVPN on Reddit there's a ton of discussion. If you haven't already it's worth a read I think.  

Reddit search
(04-09-2017, 03:11 AM)WhichBlair Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 10:04 PM)Furyan66 Wrote: Been doing quite a bit of reading and research and was wondering if anyone here has experience with NordVPN??? Was hoping to get some feedback before I commit.

Peace All

I have not used it before, but if you do a search on NordVPN on Reddit there's a ton of discussion. If you haven't already it's worth a read I think.  

Reddit search

Thanks WhichBlair, Been doing a LOT of reading past few days and I set up a new VPN and secure email today. I know nothing is ever 100% secure though...

Thanks

Peace Everyone
(04-09-2017, 07:16 AM)Furyan66 Wrote:

Peace All

Reddit search

Thanks WhichBlair, Been doing a LOT of reading past few days and I set up a new VPN and secure email today. I know nothing is ever 100% secure though...

Thanks

Peace Everyone

What e-mail did you choose if I may ask?
If I am not mistaken WhichBlair, it was Protonmail.

Look here to see why I say it. 

Hopefully Furyan66 will see and confirm.
(04-09-2017, 03:51 PM)WhichBlair Wrote:
(04-09-2017, 07:16 AM)Furyan66 Wrote:

Peace All

Reddit search

Thanks

Peace Everyone

What e-mail did you choose if I may ask?

It was Prortonmail that I chose WhichBlair.. So far so good with it.. Pretty Simple to use..

I would recomend

Peace Everyone
This may be forbidden to ask but I sort of have to.

Have people been able to use pre-paid cc to order book/magazines?

If a fair question can anyone recommend a cc to use internationally?

Many companies seem to want billing address-how could you have one if prepaid?

Thanks (pls don't ban me for this).
A few people have asked which VPNs are good. There was a specific query about NordVPN. I used them for a bit since it was easy to configure on my router and it seemed fine to me. (If you're wondering what I was doing with the router, I was streaming TV that was geographically blocked. It was easier to run the VPN at the router, rather than trying to get a Chromecast type device to play VPN client.)

Anyway, I've mentioned TorrentFreak VPN reviews before, but the link to the 2017 list is below. I appreciate their interests in security come from a movie pirate perspective. However, we share common ground in that they report the VPN's logging policy (ideally no logs), and they also look at things like which legal jurisdiction they fall under.

I suppose the main difference between us and the movie pirates is that they really need fast VPNs, whereas a bit of forum and IOP use doesn't use much bandwidth.

https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-an...17-170304/

BTW Before you pay for a VPN, have a search for discount codes. Many offer as much as 50% off.
"This may be forbidden to ask but I sort of have to.

Have people been able to use pre-paid cc to order book/magazines?

If a fair question can anyone recommend a cc to use internationally?

Many companies seem to want billing address-how could you have one if prepaid?

Thanks (pls don't ban me for this). "

I have read over the years that some vendors will accept a pre-paid card,just cannot remember which ones atm.

If a vendor doesn't and accepts say MG or WU could you use card to pay for using those services?

I don't use any cards atm really,hope you find a vendor that takes your card.
(04-06-2017, 10:06 PM)Furyan66 Wrote: Any chance I could get a few recommendations for VPNs from our family here???

Any suggestions would be great.

Peace All

Be careful with the advice given in this thread...this is a very complicated subject. Personal needs (why you are planning to use a VPN or Proxy Server or Tor servers) will almost exclusively determine which service you need. Paying for a general VPN is just simply wasting $$ for most users.

In General...if you have a static IP, plenty of tech know how, your cheapest/safest/easiest bet is cheap software that can be configured for a VPN. Any of today's gateways are configurable for VPN...but you will have trouble finding any tech support willing to help for free or fee.
Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence - Desiderata