Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Little known sleep aid
I'm talking about adenosine monophosphate (AMP) not to be confused with adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which has different effects. AMP is used in medicine to relieve nerve pain from shingles, muscle pain, regulate rapid pulse rates, and to induce sleep. It has been used to treat multiple sclerosis and photo sensitivity. It is non prescription and not expensive.

I bought 5 grams on ebay for about $40. Its used by putting it under the tongue, I try for 50mg eyeballing it. Its not toxic so it won't hurt you if you use too much. I've been using it for about 2 weeks but not every night. Its not a knockout drug like benzos or ambien can be but does not have the nasty side effects those drugs have. I get a kind of fuzzy feeling and feel a little sleepy. They say your levels of it are lowest in the morning and rise toward the end of the day and contribute to making you want to sleep. It feels pleasant, not a chemical feeling like you get from some other compounds. Its created normally in the body. I take it about an hour before bed, it has a slightly savory or umami taste and is not bad. It is not absorbed well by swallowing. 

It may have more health benefits than we know about so far. Its considered an inhibitory peptide, slows down the heart, lowers blood pressure and brings a sleepy feeling. I have been using it along with regular sleep aids like medical mj. Paradoxically, it is said to increase energy. This is likely because it gets converted into atp which is an energy molecule.

Here is a link to more info http://www.diethealthclub.com/dietary-su...osine.html
Thankx for this info Grandote... This could really help a few folks here with sleep problems...

Ice
Semper Fidelis

[Image: SyAa0qj.png]

USMC
Nemo me impune lacessit
Its not an RC or sketchy chemical, its actually supposed to be good for you. I bought it on amazon come to think of it.
Any better than GABA ?
thanks
(07-25-2016, 12:37 AM)Grandote Wrote: I'm talking about adenosine monophosphate (AMP) not to be confused with adenosine triphosphate (ATP) which has different effects. AMP is used in medicine to relieve nerve pain from shingles, muscle pain, regulate rapid pulse rates, and to induce sleep. It has been used to treat multiple sclerosis and photo sensitivity. It is non prescription and not expensive.

I bought 5 grams on ebay for about $40. Its used by putting it under the tongue, I try for 50mg eyeballing it. Its not toxic so it won't hurt you if you use too much. I've been using it for about 2 weeks but not every night. Its not a knockout drug like benzos or ambien can be but does not have the nasty side effects those drugs have. I get a kind of fuzzy feeling and feel a little sleepy. They say your levels of it are lowest in the morning and rise toward the end of the day and contribute to making you want to sleep. It feels pleasant, not a chemical feeling like you get from some other compounds. Its created normally in the body. I take it about an hour before bed, it has a slightly savory or umami taste and is not bad. It is not absorbed well by swallowing. 

It may have more health benefits than we know about so far. Its considered an inhibitory peptide, slows down the heart, lowers blood pressure and brings a sleepy feeling. I have been using it along with regular sleep aids like medical mj. Paradoxically, it is said to increase energy. This is likely because it gets converted into atp which is an energy molecule.

Here is a link to more info http://www.diethealthclub.com/dietary-su...osine.html

This would be such a great find. Would you be so kind as to PM a link to what you bought? I'm having trouble finding something I'm sure of. I'm probably being thick..

Thanks!
Relaxme, I just now noticed your post, sorry for the delay. Gaba in its pure form does very little. Most people feel nothing because it has a hard time getting by the blood brain barrier (bbb). I bought some but noticed little or no effect. This stuff works, but I have to say its not a knockout or anything in the same strength as benzos, barbs, etc. What it does for me is give me a little bit of 'sandman' feeling. Sort of like my eyes want to close and I'm feeling fine. If I'm wired up thinking of some exciting project that I can't get out of my head, its not going to do the job. But for example my medical mj has lost much of its magic from being used so often, so I take amp afterward and it pushes me over the top into sleepyland, so to speak.

WB, I got it from amazon, I would look around it and ebay. The exact one I ordered is out of stock but here is the same company with a better deal on a larger amount. About double what I paid for 5gm but its 25gm for 83 https://www.amazon.com/bioWorld-AMP-Aden...ophosphate

There is another offer of 1gm for $13 but I think you pay shipping too. I plan to reorder, the one above I posted has only one left. If no one grabs it then tomorrow I will. Big Grin I have some left but its a good deal and a good company.
Just found another decent deal. 1gm = $10, 10gm = 45 and 25gm = 80 https://www.goldbio.com/product/3647/ade...ultra-pure
Thank you for this thread. Ive never heard of this and going to see if i can get it in the Uk. If it helps it will be fantastic Smile
Does anyone in the UK know where i can get this from? I checked our Amazon but only showing books on it??
Caffeine actually works by blocking adenosine receptors. I had never thought of taking adenosine orally before. Thanks Grandote!