Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
To All Members, Please Read
Hey guys. I think that some rules were put into effect which are causing our members to be hesitant to post.

So, if you are new, if you have a bad day, I shall edit out country of origin if you include it by mistake. And, save your post count.

Members of this thread, I am afraid a few of u r scared off.

If you are discussing the comms (communications with a vendor,) or the quality of a product u received, (admin of steel said: u don't have to post what u receive,) please do so.

I won't ban u for that. I shall edit, or leave it be.

We are losing members I feel because of strictness.

We are losing our family values.

I, for one, want to be able to say Hello to barq in the thread he posts in the most. Hello to Dusko in hers.

And, hear Snappy's opinion. And, like many of you, I love to see you give high praise to our vendors such as Dusko. Top ten. Macro Mass. SS4u.

Ok?

But, for topics totally off the wall, or comparing two vendors etc, please use the special area our Moderator Athena created.

Now, don't go bananas on me. No jabberwocky in vendor threads. Many want to jump on, get the info and jump off. But, now, with new posting mandates, people will post: Dusko is the best. Its standard practice.

It allows the vendor to interact well with the client.

Deal? Let us be family again. And, feel comfortable. And, see how it goes.
Angel  It is Well with My Soul  Angel

Thanks for all you do Charon. You really aren't that scary except for the time you beat me off with a 2 X 4 Wink

Just my opinion, rules are good and you guys enforce them which makes them meaningful. Kudos!
it was a whip, ghost of jack. but, shhhh. don't tell anybody.

oh, we shall still maintain rules to keep u guys, we or us guys, and our vendors safe.

but, i felt we were not allowing one moment of levity.

this is our home. and, its got to keep us safe. very safe.

but, we need to feel that someone does care about us here.

that someone else on God's green earth, does understand how god awful a life of chronic pain and/or chronic anxiety can be. that is so cool that we can talk with others whom really get it.

so, u just committed violation # 872, Code 1550, Section 907. oh, kidding. i kid. i kid.

have a glorious night. (we shall still protect u all. i just don't wanna scare away shy people. or vendors clients.)

Sounds great Charon, as always you are the best.
“When they said, repent, I wonder what they meant.” - Leonard Cohen RIP
absolutely. and, she means it. those of us whom worked in cities? u don't wanna mess with. we r tough cookies.

great post and advice Charon. I admire you for having such an uncanny good sense of the pulse here.....as always, much appreciated....and most of all, thank you
(11-19-2015, 06:04 AM)Breacher Wrote: The new rules may seem a little strict at first but the forum is obviously evolving in a way to keep it good and safe for hopefully a long time into the future.

So everything seems fair to me but also very necessary to keep this place as awesome as it is and a cut above the rest. Charon, Admin of Steel and the other Mods have done an amazing job to get us to this point and the future looks bright.

Cheers,

Breacher

I don't know about the others here keeping us in place, but I know that Charon carries a whip and is not afraid to use it. I know because I bare the scars of my many mistakes LOL. Sometimes I make mistakes and break a rule or two when trying to help those in need of info. I can sometimes get a little carried away without meaning to. So, I get a crack of that whip and I'm sent to the corner for my time out. But, if I deserve it, it's to the corner I will go.

All of you, Charon, Admin, and mods are doing a great job and it makes all of us feel safer than any other forum I've ever visited. I'm glad to see this forum grow and become the place to be.

BTW, the members are not too bad either LOL.

Long live .org Heart
Thank you @Charon.
I don't know about the others here keeping us in place, but I know that Charon carries a whip and is not afraid to use it. I know because I bare the scars of my many mistakes LOL. Sometimes I make mistakes and break a rule or two when trying to help those in need of info. I can sometimes get a little carried away without meaning to. So, I get a crack of that whip and I'm sent to the corner for my time out. But, if I deserve it, it's to the corner I will go.

All of you, Charon, Admin, and mods are doing a great job and it makes all of us feel safer than any other forum I've ever visited. I'm glad to see this forum grow and become the place to be.

BTW, the members are not too bad either LOL.

Long live .org  Heart
[/quote]

That noisy Cricket is seldom silent...just kidding Cricket, it's not your fault your kind demeanor leads to overzealous helping of others in a comprehensive manner. It's a fine attribute to possess.

Keep up the good work Cricket, just keep certain things close to your chest and You'll be sweet mate.

Take care,

Breacher

[/quote]

Thank you Breacher. I will try very hard from now on to not spill too many beans.

Have a good one my friend. Smile
(11-19-2015, 06:04 AM)Breacher Wrote: The new rules may seem a little strict at first but the forum is obviously evolving in a way to keep it good and safe for hopefully a long time into the future.

So everything seems fair to me but also very necessary to keep this place as awesome as it is and a cut above the rest. Charon, Admin of Steel and the other Mods have done an amazing job to get us to this point and the future looks bright.

Cheers,

Breacher

I wouldn't say it is excessively strict, or strict at all. Most places have rules, don't they? And I think Charon is quite lovely. She took the time to explain her intentions. She didn't have a "forum-temper-tantrum". I think she is right. I know that I was hesitant at first. I've been in 3 of these forums. Had my acct revoked and my ip blocked from the .com prior to this, then reinstated with an explanation. An oopsy - no harm; no foul. And then another .com Dunno if they're the same (though from the vend0rs and codes, I would say so.) 

@Breacher: I wish you would have answered MY question about the post count thing ... Instead, the person who answered, came across to me, as a little bit annoyed. O.o Hmmk!

I agree; the mods and admin have done an awesome job with keeping this place clean. :thumbsup: