IOPList.Org
The "Thomas Recipe" - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (http://ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Medical Discussion (http://ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Addiction & Recovery (http://ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The "Thomas Recipe" (/showthread.php?tid=4025)

The "Thomas Recipe" - Aquarius - 12-06-2017

For anyone out there that has tried the Thomas recipe to get off opiates and maybe even benzos, has anyone found it helpful and had any luck with it? I know it wouldn't ease the symptoms completely depending on what you're withdrawing from and how big of a tolerance etc. Just wondering since all those supplements are definitely costly.

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - Rafterman - 12-09-2017

(12-06-2017, 08:37 PM)Aquarius Wrote: For anyone out there that has tried the Thomas recipe to get off opiates and maybe even benzos, has anyone found it helpful and had any luck with it? I know it wouldn't ease the symptoms completely depending on what you're withdrawing from and how big of a tolerance etc. Just wondering since all those supplements are definitely costly.

Hey Aquarius,
I have never used it myself, but have recommended it to several client's at the practice where I counseled...and I witnessed the results. I would say that it worked only marginally well. The recipe we used was for opioid taper or w/d. The star of the formula is the benzo. The rest of the ingredient's (an anti-diarrheal, an amino (we used l-tyrosine), vitamin's (primarily B6), and a multimineral tablet, were basically for extra support. It was the benzo that was the true "active ingredient" IMO. A lot of it's success relies on the client. There is still a lot of willpower needed. I often thought some of the support stuff was for show. It was simply someone using a benzo to taper from an opioid. Much like one can use opioid to taper from benzo's, IMO, the additional ingredient's only made a small bit of difference and were concocted that the formula would be proprietary and would warrant a catchy name. Only my opinion. YMMV. Let me know if you would like to know more, and I can give you some case by case examples. Regards, RM

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - Aquarius - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 08:53 AM)Rafterman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:37 PM)Aquarius Wrote: For anyone out there that has tried the Thomas recipe to get off opiates and maybe even benzos, has anyone found it helpful and had any luck with it? I know it wouldn't ease the symptoms completely depending on what you're withdrawing from and how big of a tolerance etc. Just wondering since all those supplements are definitely costly.

Hey Aquarius,
I have never used it myself, but have recommended it to several client's at the practice where I counseled...and I witnessed the results. I would say that it worked only marginally well. The recipe we used was for opioid taper or w/d. The star of the formula is the benzo. The rest of the ingredient's (an anti-diarrheal, an amino (we used l-tyrosine), vitamin's (primarily B6), and a multimineral tablet, were basically for extra support. It was the benzo that was the true "active ingredient" IMO. A lot of it's success relies on the client. There is still a lot of willpower needed. I often thought some of the support stuff was for show. It was simply someone using a benzo to taper from an opioid. Much like one can use opioid to taper from benzo's, IMO, the additional ingredient's only made a small bit of difference and were concocted that the formula would be proprietary and would warrant a catchy name. Only my opinion. YMMV. Let me know if you would like to know more, and I can give you some case by case examples. Regards, RM
Many thanks for the time and info in regards to my thread, pretty much as I figured, the only thing that would really put it at ease the slightest would be benzo. The conflict here is that benzo has dependency problems and can end up going from one (opiates) to the other (benzodiazepines) and just ends up being a cycle. Could benzos be replaced with OTC sleeping aids or even anti-psychotics such as seroquel? Or would it be basically the same thing as taking the benzo in terms of becoming dependant/does it also work on the GABA receptors? Just never seem to win with the withdrawals, I guess that's the point though  Huh