IOPList.Org
The "Thomas Recipe" - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (http://ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Medical Discussion (http://ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Forum: Addiction & Recovery (http://ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: The "Thomas Recipe" (/showthread.php?tid=4025)

Pages: 1 2

The "Thomas Recipe" - Aquarius - 12-06-2017

For anyone out there that has tried the Thomas recipe to get off opiates and maybe even benzos, has anyone found it helpful and had any luck with it? I know it wouldn't ease the symptoms completely depending on what you're withdrawing from and how big of a tolerance etc. Just wondering since all those supplements are definitely costly.

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - Rafterman - 12-09-2017

(12-06-2017, 08:37 PM)Aquarius Wrote: For anyone out there that has tried the Thomas recipe to get off opiates and maybe even benzos, has anyone found it helpful and had any luck with it? I know it wouldn't ease the symptoms completely depending on what you're withdrawing from and how big of a tolerance etc. Just wondering since all those supplements are definitely costly.

Hey Aquarius,
I have never used it myself, but have recommended it to several client's at the practice where I counseled...and I witnessed the results. I would say that it worked only marginally well. The recipe we used was for opioid taper or w/d. The star of the formula is the benzo. The rest of the ingredient's (an anti-diarrheal, an amino (we used l-tyrosine), vitamin's (primarily B6), and a multimineral tablet, were basically for extra support. It was the benzo that was the true "active ingredient" IMO. A lot of it's success relies on the client. There is still a lot of willpower needed. I often thought some of the support stuff was for show. It was simply someone using a benzo to taper from an opioid. Much like one can use opioid to taper from benzo's, IMO, the additional ingredient's only made a small bit of difference and were concocted that the formula would be proprietary and would warrant a catchy name. Only my opinion. YMMV. Let me know if you would like to know more, and I can give you some case by case examples. Regards, RM

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - Aquarius - 12-09-2017

(12-09-2017, 08:53 AM)Rafterman Wrote:
(12-06-2017, 08:37 PM)Aquarius Wrote: For anyone out there that has tried the Thomas recipe to get off opiates and maybe even benzos, has anyone found it helpful and had any luck with it? I know it wouldn't ease the symptoms completely depending on what you're withdrawing from and how big of a tolerance etc. Just wondering since all those supplements are definitely costly.

Hey Aquarius,
I have never used it myself, but have recommended it to several client's at the practice where I counseled...and I witnessed the results. I would say that it worked only marginally well. The recipe we used was for opioid taper or w/d. The star of the formula is the benzo. The rest of the ingredient's (an anti-diarrheal, an amino (we used l-tyrosine), vitamin's (primarily B6), and a multimineral tablet, were basically for extra support. It was the benzo that was the true "active ingredient" IMO. A lot of it's success relies on the client. There is still a lot of willpower needed. I often thought some of the support stuff was for show. It was simply someone using a benzo to taper from an opioid. Much like one can use opioid to taper from benzo's, IMO, the additional ingredient's only made a small bit of difference and were concocted that the formula would be proprietary and would warrant a catchy name. Only my opinion. YMMV. Let me know if you would like to know more, and I can give you some case by case examples. Regards, RM
Many thanks for the time and info in regards to my thread, pretty much as I figured, the only thing that would really put it at ease the slightest would be benzo. The conflict here is that benzo has dependency problems and can end up going from one (opiates) to the other (benzodiazepines) and just ends up being a cycle. Could benzos be replaced with OTC sleeping aids or even anti-psychotics such as seroquel? Or would it be basically the same thing as taking the benzo in terms of becoming dependant/does it also work on the GABA receptors? Just never seem to win with the withdrawals, I guess that's the point though  Huh

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - bry686 - 12-27-2017

From my personal experience you should look into kratom. Withdrawal is horrible. And sometimes we end up swapping drug for drug in hopes of getting clean. I cant beleive how much kratom helped me. After doing research on the web i got pill capsules and a capsules loader. All for under 20$ each. Personally it has reduced withdrawals about 80 to 90%. I thought we had a thread for kratom but maybe im just remembering wrong. It has so far been a miracle but there can be withdrawals from kratom too if your not careful. Its something to look into but as always, do your due diligence. Plus its not illegal where i live and in a grey area in other countries.

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - Rafterman - 12-30-2017

(12-27-2017, 04:16 AM)bry686 Wrote: From my personal experience you should look into kratom. Withdrawal is horrible. And sometimes we end up swapping drug for drug in hopes of getting clean. I cant beleive how much kratom helped me. After doing research on the web i got pill capsules and a capsules loader. All for under 20$ each. Personally it has reduced withdrawals about 80 to 90%. I thought we had a thread for kratom but maybe im just remembering wrong. It has so far been a miracle but there can be withdrawals from kratom too if your not careful. Its something to look into but as always, do your due diligence. Plus its not illegal where i live and in a grey area in other countries.

Bry, The DEA went back and forth on KRT so many times, it was like watching a ping pong game. The last I heard, this past Sept they announced that as of Sept 30th, KRT it was a S1. That can be why reference to it was removed from the forum. Not sure.  RM

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - FirePlaces - 12-30-2017

We don't discuss S1 here so that would make sense. Are we sure KRT is S1?

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - Rafterman - 12-31-2017

(12-30-2017, 02:38 PM)FirePlaces Wrote: We don't discuss S1 here so that would make sense.  Are we sure KRT is S1?

Hi Fire!
Yes, the Feds made it an S1 as of Sept 26th. They are really certifiably insane. They went back and forth on that idea for so long and then finally pulled the trigger in September. I haven't read anything about them changing their minds again, so I must assume that it is still an S1. I hope that you and yours are doing well. Have an incredibly New Year!   RF

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - Aquarius - 12-31-2017

(12-27-2017, 04:16 AM)bry686 Wrote: From my personal experience you should look into kratom. Withdrawal is horrible. And sometimes we end up swapping drug for drug in hopes of getting clean. I cant beleive how much kratom helped me. After doing research on the web i got pill capsules and a capsules loader. All for under 20$ each. Personally it has reduced withdrawals about 80 to 90%. I thought we had a thread for kratom but maybe im just remembering wrong. It has so far been a miracle but there can be withdrawals from kratom too if your not careful. Its something to look into but as always, do your due diligence. Plus its not illegal where i live and in a grey area in other countries.

Yeah, I've tried everything under the sun... nada. Still sweating and in pain.. made the tea and everything. Thank you for the suggestion though!

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - bry686 - 01-02-2018

Aquarius PM me and we can talk more. Its not sched 1 where i live. I know the pain and understand how crippling this can be. I stepped away from this forum and just about everything in my life. And it gets to a point where you dont get high, your just doing it so you can feel normal. All while holding a relationship and fulltime job. I tried everything as well and researched alot. Kat was the only thing i researched that had around 95% of people writing saying it worked for them. If i can help anyone dealing with this in anyway im here for you. Its a destructive addiction and its made me fear and respect all other drugs and meds because i finally understand how hard it can be. I am finally feeling good and have a brighter outlook after close to two years of being a slave.

Id like to know if you have already tried it and how long did you do it? The taste is unbearable so caps are the only way to go.

RE: The "Thomas Recipe" - coffeedude22 - 01-05-2018

When i broke my arm in a biking accident and had healed, I did something akin to the Thomas Recipe and realized two things. Keeping all coffee and high-histamine foods out of my diet had a big impact. They say that your histamine receptors start over-producing to compensate for your endorphin receptors not firing as much, and that's why your system floods with histamine and can drain your adrenals. Keeping the coffee and high-hist foods out at least made my body feel a bit more at baseline for what it's worth.