IOPList.Org
Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Off Topic (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Political Discussion (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=28)
+--- Thread: Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President (/showthread.php?tid=25)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

RE: Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President - Cricket - 02-15-2016

(02-15-2016, 10:10 PM)Grandote Wrote: Word is that the dems plan to deny sanders the nomination no matter how many primaries he wins. They are using a trick called "superdelegates" which are politicians in the dem party who can vote for anyone they wish, they are not bound by the popular vote. They all seem to like hill-billy, or have been paid to like her.

On the gop side, they are talking about a brokered convention where they will pick a party insider like jeb or marco even if they have very few wins or none at all. Will the public never get tired of being cheated?

Cricket, don't give up just vote for third party candidates if you don't like the two major parties. Every vote they get means more fed matching funds to finance the next election.

Yeah Grandote, I wouldn't be surprised at all if it was Clinton and Bush AGAIN. Does anyone see a disturbing trend here?
They have to keep the dynasty goin'. Who says we don't have kings or queens running this country.

As for Trump, that dude scares me. He's nothing but a bully who buys off whatever he wants and he doesn't really care about us "little people", only his own agenda. He talks the talk, but I can pretty much assure you that if he should win, he won't follow thru just like every other pres.

I remember after Katrina, he came around here wanting to buy up a lot of property along the Miss. river to put up fancy hotels, condo's or whatever. Well, we don't cotton to big shots trying to take over the home we love, not for any amount of money. His butt was chased outta town and that was it. I guess he got the point. You don't mess with Cajun's LOL.

My real fear tho is that it will be Hillary. She is flat out evil and will take out what freedoms we still have left.
IDK, to me it's a no win situation. JMO

RE: Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President - Lechter - 02-16-2016

A little OT but its looking like Debbie Wasserman Shultz' days are numbered both as head of the DNC as well as a member of the House.

RE: Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President - Grandote - 02-16-2016

Lechter, that is good news. Where did you hear that?

Forme wrote:
"IMHO, its not the few things we vote on that are destroying this country, its all the things we never have the opportunity to vote on!"

You hit the nail on the head! Just for example, nsa spying on citizens, I dont recall voting for that or even being asked about it. I don't recall any politician saying he was going to do it. I take that back, rubio and jeb both are in favor of more spying on citizens. That figures.

Another example is the idiotic tpp treaty that was done in secret obviously to avoid a big public outcry. Of course the media made it sound like a good thing which it is not. Say what you will about trump, he would not have pulled those things obama did on us. A better example is the many stupid overseas wars we are involved in. Only the psychos are in favor of that. Sadly, the psychos seem to control our govt right now.

RE: Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President - Lechter - 02-16-2016

(02-16-2016, 01:29 AM)Grandote Wrote: Lechter, that is good news. Where did you hear that?

Her candidacy for re-election to her seat in Congress is being challenged by a formidable, well funded opponent; Hillary is very unhappy with her handling of the nomination process, (so is Bernie Sanders, but who cares?), and Barry Soetoro can't stand her.

My guess is that its equally unlikely for her to be nominated to replace Antonin Scalia in the Supreme Court.

But, what do I know...

RE: Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President - BoomerB - 02-16-2016

I like Bernie but like Grandote believe the real shadow players will never let it happen. That being the case, my only choice is trump. Either he really is gonna try all this crazy stuff and totally disrupt the government, or he will drop the act upon inauguration and get to the business of government. I hate him, the people he appeals to are not my crowd, buy hilary has been walking around for 8 years with that smug look that says "i deserve it" and ...

I have a theory about cops and politicians with presidential ambitions. If you actually WANT to rule people, to spend billions to do so- psychologically speaking you are probably the least qualified for the job.
Same with cops- you come into that job wanting to pull over joe speeder and pop a boner as he meekly treats you like The Man. I don't want a cop like that.

There are laws, and there's what is right. I pick what is morally right. The standard cop mentality is the opposite- the rules must be followed, order maintained.

But laws were written to subtly favor those on top- maybe not at first in 1776, but Glass Steagall? Is that not blatant evil?

RE: Opinions on Obamacare; Opinions on Hillary as President - BoomerB - 02-19-2016

Oh man you're at ground zero. I go nuts standing in line at the clinic 5 minutes hearing what these 3 time losers get in benefits. I make WELL over $20 an hour and my neighbor gets the same amount i take home every week because he took a dive on a construction job. Why? They wouldn't give him work because he's WORTHLESS