IOPList.Org
Customs ? - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: International Online Pharmacies (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: IOP General Discussion (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Customs ? (/showthread.php?tid=1975)

Pages: 1 2

Customs ? - Bighead - 04-28-2016

been a long time I've seen this, but if it says process through facility ISC Hometown then it says inbound to customs does that mean it's being inspected or just being "ran" through customs.  Haven't used this courier in awhile.  I'm hoping this doesn't mean it's automatically being inspecteed.  I've been using IOPs for six years, but don't remember what this means.  I may drain bamage ( brain damage)  :)

RE: Customs ? - Back2Good - 04-28-2016

All international mail that is trackable will show first ISC (USPS International Service Center), then "Inbound into Customs".  No one really knows how Customs selects items to inspect, or how much mail they are processing, so you really can't make any assumptions about whether your magazine is being inspected or not - I've had magazines sit in "Inbound into Customs" for two weeks, then suddenly change status to "Outbound from Customs", and arrive two days later.  No sense worrying about it - Many times even if the magazine is inspected, nothing is found, and many times the magazine isn't selected for inspection at all...Sometimes Customs just moves slowly.  Once you see the status change to "Outbound from Customs" you'll receive your magazine shortly.

RE: Customs ? - bonji11 - 04-29-2016

Its a complete crapshoot.
Sometime you get lucky sometimes you don't

RE: Customs ? - JohnKing - 05-02-2016

Mine went to a "sent for verification status" for 3 hrs then was dispatched. Idk if that helps.

RE: Customs ? - Back2Good - 05-02-2016

Hey, JohnKing, so it arrived?  Fantastic, love to see people receiving their meds.

RE: Customs ? - JohnKing - 05-02-2016

Yup 3 hours in the in verification thats it.

RE: Customs ? - JohnKing - 05-12-2016

Well i have a question that probably nobody can 100% answer. I have a magazine that went into customs on Sun morning (Inb) @ 448am.
449am- sent for verification.
One tracking site still has the same status.
The other says: Notes - Retention: Reason: Other.
Any ideas? My magazine company says this is normal but its been 5 days now.
Any input/thoughts/insight?

Thanks

RE: Customs ? - IceWizard - 05-12-2016

Customs here can be a "blackhole" at best... Sometimes {{{BAM}}} in and out ... Then others they seem to just hold on to it... No rhyme or reason to those people...

Ice

RE: Customs ? - nwiron - 05-13-2016

Not sure what that means. I'm wondering if things are still the way they used to be 10years ago. i was more active then. West coast was tougher on international packs than east coast back then.

RE: Customs ? - JohnKing - 05-13-2016

Ty for all of the info guys!! I had the "TN Blues" lol. My magazine company is only one of the few I have used that give tracking - I almost prefer to not be able to check it. The non updates, crappy codes & jargon, sitting and collecting dust for days at a facility- all stuff that I would rather not know about. I am going to go back to the 'ol wake up and run to the mailbox routine.
Update: After 5 days of sitting, now it says Item Bagged. Looking good!!
Ty