IOPList.Org
this forum is my Facebook - Printable Version

+- IOPList.Org (https://www.ioplist.org)
+-- Forum: Welcome Centre (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Welcome (https://www.ioplist.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: this forum is my Facebook (/showthread.php?tid=194)

Pages: 1 2 3

this forum is my Facebook - TheSpecialMan - 06-12-2015

Hey everyone, I was just on here doing my daily routine of browsing through people's threads and post. And I just wanted to share with everyone that I LOVE thus forum. I don't do the Facebook thing or any other social media, so I really consider this forum my version of Facebook. Sometimes my fiancee gets mad at me for spending too much time on here but I try to explain to her that I have friends here and we share things with each other, just as she does on Facebook. I don't know if anyone else feels the same. I don't even know if I'm putting this in the right spot. But if you're new to this forum just know that you've struck gold.
I ♡ this forum!!

RE: this forum is my Facebook - Allegory - 06-12-2015

Completely agree. I used to Reddit to try to fill that void of empty time that's not quite long enough to be productive.

Here, I am genuinely interested in most, if not all of the threads.

I enjoy feeling like I am a COMPONENT of the community, rather than just an onlooker.

RE: this forum is my Facebook - Charon - 06-12-2015

i responded to ur mail, the special man.

others don't always get us. but, those also chronically ill, or anxious, or with PTSD or depression, we have ur back. we shall always make an attempt to understand. we don't judge.

i am glad u feel at home.

RE: this forum is my Facebook - IceWizard - 06-12-2015

See that's what I like about this place ... Everybody here seems to be on the same page, in step. I don't do the facebook stuff... It's way to intrusive. Even LE looks you up there it's routine for them to do so. So they can have all that junk I'll stay right where I am, the company of friends.

RE: this forum is my Facebook - Linville - 06-13-2015

(06-12-2015, 10:08 PM)TheSpecialMan Wrote: Hey everyone, I was just on here doing my daily routine of browsing through people's threads and post. And I just wanted to share with everyone that I LOVE thus forum. I don't do the Facebook thing or any other social media, so I really consider this forum my version of Facebook. Sometimes my fiancee gets mad at me for spending too much time on here but I try to explain to her that I have friends here and we share things with each other, just as she does on Facebook. I don't know if anyone else feels the same. I don't even know if I'm putting this in the right spot. But if you're new to this forum just know that you've struck gold.
I ♡ this forum!!

Yes The SpecialMan I agree with you. I like to develop friends and follow happenings and also share where I can but getting to know people and then coming back and seeing them and talking and sharing what works and what does not….all good stuff.

This really can be a sort of a connected type of Facebook thing. I hope it continues to evolve with that being a component of this forum.

Best regards to you and all here.

RE: this forum is my Facebook - atomheartmother - 06-13-2015

I have to agree with all of you. I no longer take part in the social media scene. The last time I logged on Facebook I left feeling dirty and in much need of a shower. I really wish people would quit coming to my gigs and spend the entire time taking video of the show. I think I will talk to the owners of the establishment about this.

RE: this forum is my Facebook - G.Elias - 06-14-2015

same here,i deleted facebook account years ago,wasn't in my real name but that of an ex-cheif of police in the city i live,he was one horrid crazy guy,so i don't do facebook,or copsbook,its like a data base for them,hand over all your personal info etc,its way too intrusive for my liking.
Here is much better,with people dealing with similar issues but we don't get bombarded by ads via copbook,its going to grow as time goes by this place,it'll be a great place for all kinds of info in not so long a time.

RE: this forum is my Facebook - OrangeClay - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 12:40 PM)tommygun Wrote: same here,i deleted facebook account years ago,wasn't in my real name but that of an ex-cheif of police in the city i live,he was one horrid crazy guy,so i don't do facebook,or copsbook,its like a data base for them,hand over all your personal info etc,its way too intrusive for my liking.
Here is much better,with people dealing with similar issues but we don't get bombarded by ads via copbook,its going to grow as time goes by this place,it'll be a great place for all kinds of info in not so long a time.

True tommygun fashion, using cheif police name (love it). Reading your post while drinking my coffee tommygun, almost choked to death, still laughing over it. I'm with you all, not into the likes of FB. Heart

RE: this forum is my Facebook - atomheartmother - 06-14-2015

(06-14-2015, 12:40 PM)tommygun Wrote: same here,i deleted facebook account years ago,wasn't in my real name but that of an ex-cheif of police in the city i live,he was one horrid crazy guy,so i don't do facebook,or copsbook,its like a data base for them,hand over all your personal info etc,its way too intrusive for my liking.

I can only imagine what you did with that account.

RE: this forum is my Facebook - Charon - 06-14-2015

lol, atomheart.